Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: My (bad) experience with the Colossus

by Xyn-RG

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@iloveizzyboo  my colossus Can eat 4 sniper rounds to the shield before it breaks. And honestly even unmodded you can melee fine if your using the aoe portions of it to kill trash. My FIRST time playing colossus was In hard dungeon and even without proper parts I was the last one alive and rezzed everyone during the second echo portion

I'll say it again, I guarantee 90% of the problems people have are either trying to face tank a wall of bullets or not having good parts, or both. It's still beyond me why anyone expected an invincible juggernaut when the traditional tank role always had a traditional healer to MAKE it unkillable, something that isn't present here.

I think the biggest issue with colossus is starting without suit specific mods and no ability to craft even white variants of javelin gear as a starter (personally I think all javelin gear should be craft able as a white blueprint if nothing else).

I'll agree with the weapons though, both of them felt lackluster at best.

Message 131 of 152 (160 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

4 Sniper rounds? Is this on hard? 'Coz in my experience, 1 sniper shot almost breaks my shield. Maybe it's just my gear when I tested, I remember sitting at around 129/130ish item level/gearscore when I did Tyrant Mine on hard, and iirc I was wearing at least 1 lvl 19 blue mod that buffed my health and armor. 

Were you wearing two colossus specific mods?

This is the run I was talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91vvIiiWBaY&feature=youtu.be

Message 132 of 152 (135 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Xyn-RG wrote:

4 Sniper rounds? Is this on hard? 'Coz in my experience, 1 sniper shot almost breaks my shield. Maybe it's just my gear when I tested, I remember sitting at around 129/130ish item level/gearscore when I did Tyrant Mine on hard, and iirc I was wearing at least 1 lvl 19 blue mod that buffed my health and armor. 

Were you wearing two colossus specific mods?

This is the run I was talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91vvIiiWBaY&feature=youtu.be

Same thing. Wore 2 colossus mods, 900-1000 buffs. Hard snipers wasted my shield with a single shot.

Message 133 of 152 (130 Views)

★ Apprentice

Nasty, weren't they? lol. The armor and health stats on the inscriptions are really big on the colossus stuff. Maybe by end game we'd be so beefed up we can take several sniper shots on the hardest difficulty

Message 134 of 152 (128 Views)

★★★ Guide

Its especially difficult to judge, as there is no stat interface. I put on 2 mods, what are my current stats, did they even scale?

Message 135 of 152 (119 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah stat interface would be really informative. Hopefully there will be, come launch. I even remember the devs saying there's a pilot/freelancer skilltree that applies to all javelins

Message 136 of 152 (117 Views)

★ Apprentice
Using shield to mitigate enemy fire is crucial to good play. The colossus deals way too much damage to be a true tank. He's more along a bruiser or juggernaut archetype. Yes you still have to play smart but yes you take a lot more beating. With components on you becoming quite unstoppable since it boosts your health and shield.
Message 137 of 152 (115 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

two colossus specific mods, and yeah on hard. the structural reinforcement mods provide vastly more armor(which seems to be shield hp) than other colossus mods. I'll double check this weekend cause I believe that was solo on hard, not in hard tyrant mines.

Edit: on second thought, it'd have to be better than one shot either way. when I did tyrant mines with no javelin specific mods I could still block one sniper round at full shield hp, even if just barely.

Message 138 of 152 (86 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Don't forget there was an issue where mods were not updating the stats... here's an example with the same loadout. Sometimes it would take effect and sometimes it wouldn't. It's a reported bug on the forums from what I can tell and applies to all Javelins. When it works it makes you very tanky and when it doesn't... it feels like you have no mods at all. I think this is what some people have experienced when they take heavy damage from one shot.

Forum post about bugged mods.

Colussus Health Bar.jpg

Message 139 of 152 (188 Views)

★★★★ Novice

btw, a youtuber by electric dream ... something posted a vid about  shild usage which show him blocking sniper shots with a quick block as well as the web spitting of the boss from the tyrant stronghold.

Message 140 of 152 (171 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help