Re: My account was hacked and then banned

by Chill-Out-Zone

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My account was hacked and then banned

★ Novice

I didnt play for maybe a week or two, just bought the battle pass, and then i go, logon, try to play, and it says im banned!!

I contacted EA support and its been over 2 weeks with no reply back. I had my friend look at my wins/losses on the clan page, and it shows some asian characters for servers or whatnot that i played in.........BUT IT WASNT ME! MY damn account was hacked by some east asian players and now i cant get back on.

No support from EA at all, even after i've spent money with them. This is such absolute trash!

Message 1 of 9 (554 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @alwaysbored786,

Our Terms of Service team that's able to investigate banned accounts is currently dealing with a higher volume than usual, so those replies are taking a bit longer to receive currently.

The TOS team will reach out via email as soon as they get to your issue and investigate, but if you haven't already done so I would definitely suggest making sure the account has been secured  in the meantime.

That should help preventing you from having to go through this again as you mentioned someone else had gained access to the account. Thanks for the patience while they're getting to your case.

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (539 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @alwaysbored786,

Our Terms of Service team that's able to investigate banned accounts is currently dealing with a higher volume than usual, so those replies are taking a bit longer to receive currently.

The TOS team will reach out via email as soon as they get to your issue and investigate, but if you haven't already done so I would definitely suggest making sure the account has been secured  in the meantime.

That should help preventing you from having to go through this again as you mentioned someone else had gained access to the account. Thanks for the patience while they're getting to your case.

Mako.png
Message 2 of 9 (540 Views)

★ Novice

How can i even prove that i was hacked besides my user account being played on random asian servers. I only played from 1 IP for the last year, it should hopefully be easy to spot that logging in from a different IP and having much different games stats than my account normally has (presumably) should be the proof to show I was hacked. Ive changed my password and two-factor auth.

Im missing out on weeks of playing and using the battle pass, having to use a new temporary account just to even play normally.

Message 3 of 9 (534 Views)

Hero
@alwaysbored786 Games have a server-side log. So what you can see what they can see is completely different. They will be able to see certain things that will help determine their judgment of reinstating the account or remain banned.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 9 (529 Views)

★★★ Pro
@EA_Mako Hi, I keep seeing "my account got hacked" a lot on this forum, is it this easy to hack an account, would Apex/Respawn/EA please release a guide to help players prevent that? Thanks
Message 5 of 9 (528 Views)

Community Manager
@alwaysbored786 There's no need to provide that proof on your end. That is something our advisors and TOS team would be able to see during the investigation, in part due to the locations and activity you mentioned here.

That is fairly standard to look for when someone's reporting a hacked account, so it should be fairly apparent in our own records when that happens.

The investigation itself isn't typically what takes the longest. In this case it's more a matter of the number of other cases in line before yours that they'll need to get through first.
Mako.png
Message 6 of 9 (525 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for the info @EA_Mako . Seems there has been a spike of hacked accounts lately, hopefully thats taken into consideration when considering reinstating the account.

Message 7 of 9 (519 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @Alphabets,

Good suggestion! We do actually have an article detailing some of the common ways this occurs and steps to help prevent it.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/how-to-maintain-account-security/
Mako.png
Message 8 of 9 (514 Views)

★★★ Guide

Someone hacked a free game instead fixing a account themself. Weird.

Message 9 of 9 (392 Views)