My Theory About How Untricakble Works

by zdarcon

Original Post

My Theory About How Untricakble Works

★★★★ Guide

If Plant tricks required zombie present, then its effect will be denied by Untrickable. All zombie tricks still affect Untrickable.

In short, if you place Untrickable zombie, the zombie actually is 'not there'.

For example, 'Scorched Earth' cannot be used unless there is a zombie on ground. 'Scorched Earth' effect is denied by Untrickable trait.

Hard removal like Doom Shroom is target-type trick, which target with atk 4 or above minion, thus denied by Untrickable trait.

Lane-type trick like GS's siganture, GK's signature, and Cherry Bomb are confirmed to affect Untrickable, because it dont need zombie present to be resolved.

I want confirmed my theory by try all possible plant tricks, but I'm too busy to conduct experiment. Please put your evidence on replies to support or deny my theory, so we can discuss it further how this trait really works.

Message 1 of 5 (371 Views)

Re: My Theory About How Untricakble Works

Champion (Retired)
That's the way it works. I don't feel it should work that way, but it does.

Untrickable should mean just that. Tricks have zero effect. Even the cases you listed should not work, but friendly tricks should also not work.

Also, for the record, plants have untrickable too. Not sure if you knew with the way your post is worded.
Message 2 of 5 (346 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@daalnnii wrote:

Also, for the record, plants have untrickable too. Not sure if you knew with the way your post is worded.

For plants, it works like i said: Untrickable will hide said plant. any target trick will be denied, and still affected by lane trick. Also, that means Untrickable Plants won't be affected by Doom Shroom

And I agree, Untrickable should not behave like this. If it Untrickable, said minion wont be affected by both side tricks

Message 3 of 5 (340 Views)

★ Guide

Pretty sure the description of untrickable is simply "unaffected by opponent tricks". I still feel like wrath effects(destroy all, bounce all, etc.), should affect them, as well as abilities that don't specifically target them(destroy a random, bounce a random). Just my two cents

Message 4 of 5 (326 Views)

Champion (Retired)
We know how it's worded, here's basically going into what tricks do still work. I just think untrickable should be the advantage you get, because that's already incredibly strong as is. You shouldn't get to buff it by way of tricks after that. Minion buffs and environments, sure.
Think of it like this, do you think people would still complain as hard about Fossilhead if on turn four you didn't have the possibility to see two, 6/7 untrickable zombies with frenzy on the board? Do you think the card would be completely gutted by making it to where all you got from it was getting a 5/6 untrickable out as early as turn 2?
Message 5 of 5 (318 Views)