My Apex Experience Today

by JonStriker126

Original Post

Re: My Apex Experience Today

Champion
@JonStriker126 Thanks. As I said the question wasnt necessarily all directed at you.

For me this season has been an improvement as I love the new map. Yes the sound has issues and yes others ruin games. Unfortunately the reality is these will never change. The battle pass is easier than it was before for me. I'll finish it within the next couple of weeks I believe. Normally it takes me until about 2 to 3 weeks before the end.
Message 11 of 29 (264 Views)

@hayhor

Interesting. Personally, season 5 and season 6 I finished the battle pass with around a month to spare, But if I've done my math correctly, I'll only get this one done two weeks early. And I definitely feel like I've been putting more time in per day on average this season, because of it being so challenge heavy. I did a lot of challenges the last two seasons as well, but I was always more focused on just gaining XP and if I did challenges it was a nice addition to what I was doing, a nice add-on. This season, those challenges are your main way of earning levels and I'm just not all about that.

This change in system is probably one of the reasons why I don't really like this season. It just feels like more of a slog for me because of that. Then of course we add in things like The challenges being much grindier at the beginning of the season, the audio issues, the fact that I seem to be getting less full squads this season (The amount of times that I've cued for trios and ended up with only one teammate or by myself, has been unreal), Not having Kings canyon to play on and not really liking world's edge all that much and having some issues with Olympus, and all the other small stuff sprinkled in between, It's just felt like a really long and tiring season for me.

I honestly just kind of wanted to be over, to have a bit of a breather before season 8. And at that point, I can take all that as it comes. And, who knows, that season might be better because they might make some improvements in places I feel they need, or at the very least because I'm now more familiar with the system and with the new map and all that that I'll feel more comfortable in that season.

Honestly, one thing I can't fault season 7 for is lack of shakeup. It did really shake up the game. Between the new legend, the new map, the new battle pass system, all that stuff. I feel though how you view this season, probablyis based a lot on how receptive you were to these additions and changes. If you don't really like the new system for the battle pass, if you don't really like the new legend or the new map or what have you, you probably didn't really like the season. But if you were someone where those things jived with you, you probably think this is one of the best seasons apex has ever had.

Things like this, a lot of the time, can just boil down to personal tastes and play styles and all that. What might be horrible for me, could be great for someone else and so on. It's just a matter of can respawn/ea please enough people with whatever changes they make. And if enough people like them and are okay with them, it'll be fine. But if they aren't, things will need to change. It's really just a numbers game.
Message 12 of 29 (259 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@JonStriker126I've not purposely done any challenges for the BP or altered my play for dailies or weeklies. I do however play around 2 to 3 hours every day. But this is the same as the previous 2 seasons. I'm very surprised I'm further along than usual. I really do not know why. I thought it would be about the same.

Message 13 of 29 (256 Views)

@hayhor

Well, did you play a lot during that double XP week? And then of course there are the 10 free levels we got.
Message 14 of 29 (251 Views)

Champion
@JonStriker126 That could be it. I didnt play any extra but that makes sense.
Message 15 of 29 (241 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@hayhor How am I further along than you?! xD I play less th... ohh wait... you dont do challenges, well neither do I, most I just get by playing...

Ohhh well
Message 16 of 29 (214 Views)

Champion
@Koochi-Q Are you further? What level?
Message 17 of 29 (206 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@hayhorI think BP lvl 85 or 86 now with several +1 not done

Message 18 of 29 (203 Views)

Champion
@Koochi-Q That's where I'm at I think.
Message 19 of 29 (200 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@hayhor Yey we’re BP buddies ;D but then obv you’re hitting 100 before me as I only do dailies, so it’s gonna take me roughly 10 days (as added exp will shave some days’ worth of progress away) while you may get it in 1 week.
Message 20 of 29 (197 Views)