My Account Hacked and Banned, what do I do?

by AlexDaDumb

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

My Account Hacked and Banned, what do I do?

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So recently, on January 31, my account was hacked around 8AM in the morning EST time. The way I know this is because I got an email on that day informing me that a Steam account that I did not recognize has been linked to my EA Account. I was a little confused at first, but then I read the above email, which I got 30~ min after the first email was sent, informing me that my FIFA account has been banned from online play for cheating/hacking. I will put pictures of all emails in order from when I bring them up. Now, this in itself didn't annoy me too much since I had not planned to play any FIFA titles at any time in the future, nor have I played any in the past. After this, I changed the password to my account, and turned on EA Login Verification (currently mad at myself that it wasn't on in the first place.) I looked at my game library and it said that FIFA was there (it wasn't before), with a timer on it, referring to a trial. I attempted to contact EA via Email, asking if they could lift the ban and remove the Steam account link. I got a response that my account was "investigated" and that they came to the conclusion that what they did was right and that I would still be banned. I'm also pretty sure they didn't unlink my account from that Steam account either. I've now put three files, and there's more so I'll reply to this with the rest. After they sent me that email, I resumed the case, begging them to look into it again, which I'm sure they didn't in the first place. However, they marked the case as resolved without even looking at my reply. A couple days after, I was informed that my WHOLE EA ACCOUNT WAS BANNED FOR VIOLATION OF USER AGREEMENT. Now, if this ban was for the ban on FIFA, I would understand. But since I tried to contact them and they basically ignored me, this is super stressful. I opened a new case, this time Origin -> Manage Account -> Banned Account, last time I did FIFA -> Manage Account -> Banned Account. They still have not responded to it, but I'm still expecting one tomorrow, since tomorrow will be the third day. But now, when I attempt to go on the EA website, they won't even let me log in. I've tried to log in via Incognito mode, and my credentials were invalid. I reset my password TWICE, and it still wouldn't let me in. I'm now lost on what to do. Can anyone at EA help?

Message 1 of 7 (1,407 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My Account Hacked and Banned, what do I do?

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team @AlexDaDumb.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (1,309 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

Here is the email that my entire account was banned.

Message 2 of 7 (1,403 Views)

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team @AlexDaDumb.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 7 (1,310 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Darko I have contacted TOS, about 3 days ago. Still waiting for a response.
Message 4 of 7 (1,305 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @AlexDaDumb you will need to give the team time to investigate and respond.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 7 (1,303 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same exact thing just happened to me. I contacted them and they won't resolve my issues. Can't get into my EA account after $100s were spent on it.

Message 6 of 7 (1,185 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @JasWood2004 for all issues related to an account you will need to speak with our live support team.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 7 (1,155 Views)