Re: My ADS keeps locking up

by Madd_Brando

Original Post

My ADS keeps locking up

★★ Pro

Keeps happening where I physically cannot look left or right which is getting me killed often , no idea what’s causing it and can’t seem to replicate it just happens at random, but is happening almost every match . It’s not just while ADS either happens when I’m running too . 

I’m playing on PS4pro , any insight in to this anyone? Really doing my head in . 

Message 1 of 13 (611 Views)

★ Expert

Thought i was dreaming or something but it's a real problem then. It happens also when i ping something.

Message 2 of 13 (598 Views)

★ Expert
@MassiveVernon I get it once in a while, usually when being very close to an enemy in a gun fight, maybe an aim assist thing, not sure.
Message 3 of 13 (594 Views)

★★ Pro
@Gabrielmojo26 Yeah I get problems with aim assist too but that’s a separate thing . With that whenever you get close to someone it just drags your camera about towards them and completely ruins your aim.

With this it’s just completely freezing up regardless of the situation and I have to completely stop pressing anything and stand still for a second to be able to look left and right again .

Ps. Sorry didn’t mean to mark that as the solution
Message 4 of 13 (575 Views)

★★★ Expert

New S4 bug?

I haven't noticed it myself so far.

Message 5 of 13 (573 Views)

★★ Pro
@Wingmannedbro Must be yeah , proper getting on my nerves now though cause of how frequent it’s happening and if it’s in the middle of a fight then it kills you
Message 6 of 13 (567 Views)

★★ Expert
@MassiveVernon hmmm...

I got something similar while playing Crypto, I was using his drone and could only look slightly left and right before it stopped me.

Had to hop off it and jump back on it to resolve it.

I thought maybe aim assist was locking on to someone but the drone was facing the edge of the ring.

Turns out someone was actually there but idk if aim assist did that to me.
Message 7 of 13 (505 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Have you tested this with multiple controllers to see if it's happening with all of them? Also, are you using any custom control settings in-game? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 13 (455 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@EA_KentYeah I have 3 different controllers all of which are standard PS4 controllers no third party ones and it happens on all of them. And yeah I’m  using all the standard settings other than higher sensitivity. Very frustrating .

Message 9 of 13 (449 Views)

★ Guide
@Cro_Pittt I have this exact problem. I play with an elite controller on PC and sometimes when I ping an item my ADS will lock up for a short period. It ends up being very costly while in a fight.
Message 10 of 13 (427 Views)