Muzzle Flash

by Meurum

Original Post

Muzzle Flash

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

There are many guns in this game that make it nearly impossible to see your enemy especially iron sighting.

now I think a proper way to Nerf MF(MuzzleFlash) would be to make each stabilizer reduce it as well as recoil(as it currently already does). Now since the gold stabilizer does that currently already, make the gold remove MF COMPLETELY. 
Developers create weird forms of balance all the time, doesn’t mean they’re right for it. The player is who matters the most. The MF in this game is greatly disliked by many, and a nerf like this could work for both parties(Devs and players). Players will feel less cheated out of gun fights, and the Dev or Devs who added this mechanic will feel satisfied that their form of balancing is still in the game. 

Being able to see your enemy is a key feature of a video game, especially a FPS game. Blinding the person so they must predict how someone will move is ridiculous. 

Message 1 of 15 (849 Views)

Re: Muzzle Flash

★★★★★ Expert

Gun has muzzle flash

muzzled.PNG

so we should not remove it completely,  but agree sometimes is too overwhelming, we can tune with stabilzer or maybe another hopup.

Is there such thing in real life ?

Message 2 of 15 (833 Views)

★★★ Expert

@asukojo 

Military grade weapons have integrally suppressed barrels, where instead of an extension being fixed onto the barrel, suppression is worked into the upper receiver of the weapon.

There is an integrally suppressed Ruger pistol, and integrally suppressed barrels are becoming more common outside of the military these days.

Typically tho, fully automatic weapons tend to be natively suppressed since it's a requirement to combat the fast overheating of a firearm.

I'd say that overall, muzzle flash is quite accurate in Apex on the guns that have most of it, r99, havoc and devotion.

It's surprising the Wingman does not have a lot of flash tho since 50 caliber pistols lacking a barrel have a LOT of muzzle flash.

People think they want flash reduction, untill they find out this will greatly buff r99 and they lose games even more than before.

Message 3 of 15 (826 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Game feelt soo much better when we could reduce Muzzle Flash, was less rng - but I can understand that it also to do with balance. But an overal reduction across all weapons would be a nice thing.

Message 4 of 15 (815 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Wingmannedbro I would gladly welcome reduced muzzle flash. (r-99 is my favorite weapon.)
Message 5 of 15 (807 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@asukojo This is also. Video game and most shooters the flash is never like that, not even in pubg. Less rng is always great, and the same people killing with a R99 are already good players. People shouldn’t always respect balancing because the developers say it’s ok, especially if that form of balance isn’t skillful. Do you know what bloom is? It’s random bullet spread and most hate it. Why is it added to games? To the make long range fights less possible and effective. MF does this in an unsatisfactory way just like bloom does.
Message 6 of 15 (751 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

People wish to be able to see who they’re shooting at, this is not a military shooter, cod, Titan fall, battle field, etc do not have MF like this and there’s a reason for that. And the guns in that photo were shot guns! 

Message 7 of 15 (748 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@MeurumI think there should be flash hiders along with the barrel stabilizers. That way if you prefer one bonus of less flash over less recoil you can choose. That way it will make more sense that the gold stabilizer also lessens flash.

Message 8 of 15 (746 Views)

★★★ Expert

@GRiPSViGiL wrote:

@MeurumI think there should be flash hiders along with the barrel stabilizers. That way if you prefer one bonus of less flash over less recoil you can choose. That way it will make more sense that the gold stabilizer also lessens flash.

Flash suppression and recoil reduction are both the result of the same mechanism.

Suppressors work by giving the expanding gasses a more controlled release over a longer period of time.

Having to choose one thing or the other contradicts the actual realities of weapons engineering.

@Meurum bloom is natural to fully automatic firearms tho, it's more a realism than game balance. In fact, it's surpring the r99 is as accurate as it is.

Real light ammo SMG's like the Uzi are horrifically inaccurate. An Uzi doesn't even shoot on target at a range of a few meters. It's absurd.

Message 9 of 15 (721 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@WingmannedbroSure but that isn't how this game is so I don't see why they can't be different. As it is now only the gold stabilizer lessens flash.

I mean I definitely think some guns muzzle flash is way to crazy and hinders sight so if I was given the option I might live with some of the recoil over less flash.  Gold stabilizer are rare so more options would be cool.

Message 10 of 15 (717 Views)