Mustache Monument, the new cancer of the game

by AstroQuiereJugar

Original Post

Re: Mustache Monument, the new cancer of the game

★★★ Guide
Amen, @jakeman. And another thing... people complain about losing without realizing why they are losing.

The reason “Valk” and “cyclecap” are so strong is that they’re fast and don’t trigger superblock, essentially achieving the goals of aggro (quickness) and control (card advantage) at the same time.

The two big culprits are and always have been Astro Shroom and Quick-Draw Conman. And “nerfing” Quick-Draw didn’t fix the problem because the problem wasn’t how hearty he was... it was the bullseye.

QuickDraw/Regifting Zombie is the real combo in the “Valk” deck; Valkyrie is just the finisher. The deck doesn’t need Monument to work, because QuickDraw/Regifting keep you on your heals and force you to play defense and destroy zombies without triggering your block.

You could advocate for removal of bullseye from both QuickDraw AND Astro Shroom... that might be a fair suggestion that essentially fixes your problem (making the “Valk” deck less aggressive and “Valk” harder to drop on an empty meter). To compensate, BOTH of these cards could see a stat boost. I’d say the original 1/4 for QuickDraw and maybe 2/2 for Astro.
Message 11 of 14 (510 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is the situation: the zombie opponents fill the table with low cost zombie.

If you kill the zombies, valk is charged and be ready for his deadly attack,.

if you dont kill the zombies, they continue do damage you that in turn 4 or 5 you are finished.
That s the picture.

It is a deadlock.

Message 12 of 14 (493 Views)

★★★ Guide
Right... and what’s the only Hero that can play both Valk and Monument? The Professor. And what’s the best one-cost zombie at the professor’s disposal? Quick-Draw. And why is Quickraw so good, and how can a zombie player even PLAY 10 zombies by turn 6? Regifting Zombie.

Regifting pushes the pace of the game, QuickDraw assists without triggering your superblock. You have to respond with death b/c of the bullseye. These two cards are why you’re losing.

So if you’re going to complain, at least target the cuprit and let me play my janky Huge Mustache deck that is wildly inconsistent, and, I assure you, is not “breaking” anything.

Again, I don’t own Valk, I don’t play Prof much, and I don’t play Mustache when I want to win. But I still think you’re wrong about Monument. It’s scary because it’s new, but it isn’t out of proportion to other fusion cards and it doesn’t deserve downgrading.
Message 13 of 14 (482 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
You did not answer my question as there is no answer. That s a deadlock

Valk combo is the strongest way to get a victory.
Message 14 of 14 (464 Views)