Mustache Monument, the new cancer of the game

by AstroQuiereJugar

Original Post

Mustache Monument, the new cancer of the game

★★ Guide

Juego injusto.png

Mustache Monument is the new cancer of the game. Thanks to it, Valkyrie returned to her old ways (appear and attack without the opponent being able to do something against that).

The above, not forgetting other horrendous combinations, such as Mustache Monument + Trickster (two extra attacks of 6 at the start of the turn!), Mustache Monument + Shieldcrusher Viking or + Mustache Monument + Zom-Blob. In short, the problem is Mustache Monument.

Note: The dark images are like that because I took them right after having lost.

Message 1 of 14 (1,575 Views)

Re: Mustache Monument, the new cancer of the game

★★ Guide
Wing Nut is an ultimate counter against Bonus Attacks. They could've increase the cost of this card by 1 brain.
Message 2 of 14 (1,531 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Came across it twice now, and both times a Valkyrie killed me using it, way too OP as it is...

Message 3 of 14 (1,514 Views)

★ Novice
I have been hit by Mustache Monument and either Trickster or Valkyrie in 3 of the last 5 games I have played. I even had plants in all 5 lanes in the last one, but lost.
Message 4 of 14 (1,363 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
So now the zombies opponents can play Zombie during the trick phase and making additional Deadly attack during the first phase.

Since everyone here has been repeteadly defeated using this lame strategy (Valk + mustache) some fix is necessary.

At the moment, i am simply giving up when I face prof Zomb....
Message 5 of 14 (1,341 Views)

★★★ Guide
All of the fusion cards are good... but there is precedent for Monument. Monument is the same cost as Lurch for Lunch... a common card as old as dirt.

Yeah, sure, phase matters. So now Zombies can attack and you can’t respond, yada yada. Plants have always been able to do this since the beginning of the game. If you don’t like bonus attacks then stop them. Or play them yourself. Or stop them, and then play them yourself.

Side note: Zomblob is NOT good with Monument... nor is anything that receives buffs when “played” b/c the attack happens before the buff.
Message 6 of 14 (1,322 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
a victory with this combo is so easy that even me which never play zombies can defeat higher ranked plant players.

the problem is now zombie can hit first with no possibility to react for the plants

If you feel satisfied with so an easy victory, good for you. A game with a 99% victorious combo is not balanced
Message 7 of 14 (1,308 Views)

★★★ Guide
I don’t own a Valkyrie.

The point still stands. I play plants 30% of the time and can still beat UL players with simple bean or muchroom decks. So what?

There is an advantage to Monument over Lunge, which is that the attack is preempted; there is a disadvantage, which is that you can buff zombies or move them before playing Lunge, and Monument does nothing for you if you draw it during your Tricks phase. Both cards have the same cost and are in the same class. That’s precedent. And if you’re playing Monument, you’re probably not playing Lunge as well (8 bonus attacks seems like you’d be running short on targets?). Example below.

As you can see, here is a deck where Monument is almost strictly worse than Lunge. That’s why I’m not playing it.

Message 8 of 14 (1,293 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
The deck you propose is strong BUT is based on a strategy and to some extent can be fought back maybe with mushroom (i bet your deck has a 60% winner rate or even higher

The combo with mustache has not strategy, is just plain playing with no possibility to react.

Note that thanks to this combo most of zombie players already got the ultimate league and stoppes playing whereas most of the plant players are still less than 35.

As a result the plant players now face very weak zombie opponents, with not very fun (what is worth defeating a 6 rank player?)

This is a bad news for the game.
Message 9 of 14 (1,261 Views)

★ Guide

Great, here we go again, people complaining about zombies being OP, when I'm sure that some of the best plant decks are right under their noses. Sure, blob was great last season, as was stompadon-too good even. And yet, if you played at all in ultimate league, you would have realized that the best, most consistent deck, by far, was cyclecap. People just didn't pay attention to it until the very end of the season because they were too busy complaining about the zombie side. OTK Valk and cyclecap are neck in neck in terms of best decks, with berry decks up there as well. The meta is very balanced right now, but, as you will have to with each change in the meta, you have to reshape your decks to the meta, and ADAPT. That seems to be the word that nobody seems to understand. 

Message 10 of 14 (1,233 Views)