Re: Must be hard getting into this game

by jakeman102201

Original Post

Must be hard getting into this game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
So I've been playing this game for around a year now, and I'm still lacking a lot of super rares+ from all sets. I don't watch a lot of ads and I don't think I've payed any money into the game. What kind of balancing is being taken to allow free to play players a chance at survival in the multiplayer aspects of this game? Do you expect players to spend money and watch as many ads as they can if they want to propel forward? I seriously believe that daily mission rewards could be multiplied by 5 and it would encourage so many newer players, having ads as the center of gaining gems isn't fun for any of us. So I guess I'm concerned about what you guys are doing to keep newer players in the game. Guy from support told me to put my email address in here so: [edit: email address removed]
Message 1 of 6 (411 Views)

Champion (Retired)

The game is built so that people are encouraged to pay money. I'm by no means saying that this is a good thing, but it's what you can expect. I still have yet to pay any money, and I started a few months after the initial release, and I still lack some pretty staple cards, and that's from someone who watches all 20 ads I receive per day.

Message 2 of 6 (386 Views)

★★ Guide

I've been playing over a year.. I've bought a couple of packs. But I don't get any adverts, I would love to be able to adverts. Since January 2017 there has been adverts, but I've not been given a fix to this. So just workout how many gems I've missed out on, let alone the fact that I have to wait an hour to redo the daily challenge if I screw it up first time. 

I play quite a lot and although I'm missing some super rares and legendaries from set 1, I'd say I've a decent amount of cards. I've quite a few missing from galactic. I'm more focussed on getting set 1 legendaries that I need to improve my deck's for certain heroes that I play most of the time. I've some from colossal, but those I crafted..for decks. 

You don't need to pay to win, but paying makes it easier, and higher stats of winning. 

Message 3 of 6 (377 Views)

★★★ Guide

Well, unfortunately ads are how EA manages to continue making money even from F2P players, so I don't see them going away any time soon.  I do agree that increasing the rewards a little bit would be rather helpful, though.

Message 4 of 6 (376 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
I think most of you get the idea wrong. This is NOT a game that you can complete in one or two years without spending some serious money. (By "completing" I meant gather ALL the available cards).

But you don't need ALLL the cards to reach a good league on ranked. You just need a bunch of good cards to make a decent deck, and lots of experience.

If the game actually functioned like it is supposed to (matching players within the same league only), the game would be more fair.

That would mean that a new player would be mostly facing other new players.
Players that have some time going on and have some rare cards that helped them climb further, would be facing OTHER players that also have some time going on and also have rare cards that helped them climb further.

And so on.
Message 5 of 6 (357 Views)

★ Guide

The advantage money gives in games like these is the gift of acceleration. Your progress increases exponentially based on the money you spend, but given enough time, and effort, a free to play player(myself included)can reach the same level of play

Message 6 of 6 (350 Views)