Must admit this is my least favourite map

by Marge010

Original Post

Must admit this is my least favourite map

★★★★ Guide

Last season was difficult but this season feels unplayable! It is sooo hard. I'm getting destroyed by every team I come accross!! It is starting to get more difficult each season now and this is by far the hardest start to a season yet!

I'm really not enjoying this map at all. 

Message 1 of 10 (432 Views)

Re: Must admit this is my least favourite map

★ Expert
@Marge010 First day for me was rough, new POI's, an influx of Pred and Masters wanting to try out the new map, not knowing rotations, even simple things like not knowing where exits are in buildings, and to make it even worst, my aim being off and not knowing why.

That being said, played yesterday, after they fixed AA, and my games felt better, had a positive attitude going in, and it showed as an end result. I now know where I want to land, and areas I want to avoid, like the damn prowler Jurasic Park looking enclosure, no thank you! lol

I still have a very hard time adjusting visually in certain areas of the map where foliage is abundant, also keep getting stuck on every damn log, rock or wtv is on the ground lol, some areas need more lighting.

Thinking this weekend is when I'll be able to get a better feel for things. I do suggest solo queuing and just go explore on the outskirts and work your way in, there's so many spots on this map it's overwhelming.
Message 2 of 10 (421 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Marge010 @Gabrielmojo26 I want to love the map more but I’m having difficulty as well. So far the first few days are rough unfortunately. I hate that I have to fight in steep slopes all the time.

Message 3 of 10 (380 Views)

Champion
@Cheese9Man Valk is amazing on the POIs with multiple open levels. I may blow the dust off my pathfinder to try.
Message 4 of 10 (361 Views)

★★ Pro

@Cheese9Manyo the first time I got on the steep slope on that wreck of a rocket thingy inside of it, my head literally spun for a second

Message 5 of 10 (345 Views)

★★ Pro
@Marge010 my first impression on WE and Olympus was so different than this map, I actually loved playing new seasons before even with the new POIs.

Storm point, I literally only played less than an hour cause of how sh*t the map is lmao
Message 6 of 10 (299 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'm getting into a little bit but the map is just too big. I find my teammates and I are just wandering around looking for enemies for ages and then the next thing you know there's 4 squads left. 

Message 7 of 10 (270 Views)

★★ Pro

@Marge010* that sums it up for me, also the map is so big I feel like at the end of season I still won't know all the locations

Message 8 of 10 (237 Views)

Champion
@Marge010 You have to jump on the first half of the map or watch where people go and drop near them.
Message 9 of 10 (208 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Ye I just feel the map is made for visuals and COD/CS players?

I feel a huge lack for flow in movements, I get disrupted by all kinds of crap everywhere, small strange pebbles stopping my slides, strange things on the walls messing my climbs, all advanced movement seems more or less destroyed compared to for instance olympus which is awsome.

Grab a sniper and an oh * CQB weapon and do what everyone else do snipe until you meet an aimbot player who 180 turn 100m+ headshots you. I dont feel like I play apex, I try play apex and fail, I try play fortnite/cod I do better, something is really missing in there. Because most of the landing spots hardly have cover so you need to run on the other side and snipe or die. I really dont like this map, I even like kings canyon new edition much better then this.

Especially when you do a good landing and pick up some loot, enter a fight and boom 4th party in an instant, I do not think they designed the map for the gameplay of old apex players, I do feel like new players do better in there....

I cant wait til we get a map rotation, to bad we sooooooo far of the split...

Message 10 of 10 (183 Views)