Music choices

by mGunner87

Original Post

Re: Music choices

★★★★ Pro
@TheRealJony Blackbox is the dev changed(kinda ruined IMO) NFS in 2003.They originally wanted to please both side(which is hard)At first in 2002 they did the so-called better HP2 PS2.Then they decided to chase the trend of Ricer/Chav and made UG1 in 2003.Everything afterwards are ruined by the plan changed by EA.BB originally decided to make Cannonball and FF NFS in a cycle.So both style will take turns to be new NFS.This plan was changed after how GD successful UG1 in 2003.EA scraped the plan of Tuner(Chav) and Cannonball(Supercar) take turns and FORCED them to make another UG style game.So we got UG2(Riders on the Storm was a perfect song,but not in UG2 mix version,since that song was the inspiration of classic road-horror movie The Hitcher 1986)Then the originally planned HP3(set to be NFS2004) was pushed back to 2005 and became MW2005(they mixed UG chav story with pursuit gameplay so they wouldnt call it HP3 or anything HP related)Then after the 16 million success of MW2005 they wanted to do UG3,sadly that game was rushed and changed into Carbon(a direct plothole continuation of MW2005)So both UG3/HP3 are changed into different projects.
Prostreet and Undercover are done by the same team at the same time while being rushed,so both game failed badly.Sadly that cant be said to The Run(Fxxking BB called it CANNONBALL RUN in a BTS interview)Undercover was originally called The Chase and set to be a continuation of Carbon/MW05 story but also rushed to a wreck.The Run was BB's take on The Cannonball Run trilogy/Gumball Rally/Cannonball 1976 movies.Sadly even with 3 years in development(UC was 2008 and TR was 2011) the FB engine just sucked as a racing game engine.So that game also failed.With 3 continous(4 if we count Carbon) failures BB was officially shut down in 2013(but they were allowed to continue support NFS World as Quicklime Games)Then the end of BB as a whole was when Ghost put out NFS2015(Fxxking Reboot showed no respect to series history) which made NFS World being shut down and Quicklime also being shut down at the same time.
Message 21 of 25 (647 Views)

★★ Expert

@GK3512 

Yes agreed in 2003 Black Box messed up and the series did have that HP2 PS2 game and it was fun and I own that game still.

When the whole ricer idea rolled in UG1 it was a bit of stretch for me but I went along with the rest of our community and bought the game.

At first, I thought it was kinda fun but then I realized a "vortex of change".

This franchise took a turn but what kind I had no real clue at that time in that point of history.

Well by 2005 When MW PS2 came out it was a huge hit and it a fun game and ricercars was all over that game too.

Then we got Carbon PS2 and I did enjoy it for what it was but man it was a short storyline & more of the same themes from 2005 in 2006.

Once the storyline was all done in Carbon it became a Ghost City with nothing to do but drive around.

Now touching on a few critical point I want to add as to why this franchise is not moving in the right direction for the future.

I looked at all the studios that EA has it's hands-on and just looking at the historical record I believe we can conclude it all turns to sour grapes!

https://heavy.com/games/2017/10/studios-ea-has-killed-visceral-games/ 

Here is a list of all current game studios EA has in their clutches to turn profits for them 2020. 

https://www.ea.com/ea-studios 

Then I clicked on Criterion Studios and look at that they have NFS Heat showcasing.

I got this page when I clicked on racing games.

https://criteriongames.com/games/need-for-speed-heat/

Now follow the money of EA here because really all this comes down to fiscal dollars and regaurdless

the studio's EA should be held accountable for the breakdown of this NFS Franchise.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_Arts

Consider all this info as to why NFS has really failed to deliver over the Years since EA failed to deliver a budget that works for the Devs to build a high-end game!

So I implore the community to do their homework and not be followers of any EA game unless it meets community high-end standards day one of release!  

Brother all your points are right but EA is the bottom line cause of this franchise taking the wrong direction & why some of their studios have failed over the years.

I did XP you because I agree but felt the need to add some more info here to discuss.

Feel free my friend to comment back on the info I posted.

I'd like to read your feedback as I do enjoy your commentary in these threads.

I know you understand like I do the value of good communication and facts and not fluff. 

Take care always and have a great day Brother. 

**Reminder for Community to credit for Solutions & XP for helpful liked comments**

Message 22 of 25 (606 Views)

★★★ Pro
@BLVD69 I agree with most of what you say man,expecially that young kids must stop buy any games from EA. They are part of the problem why EA wount learn from their mistakes, EA must learn that most of us want quality rather then quantity, then there might be a hope for a cannonball game again. My point is we as a community must boicott EA buy not buying any of of their games, mayby then we will see a change.
Message 23 of 25 (564 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@BLVD69 No,I highly doubt it's because of budget.NFS failed like every EA series and dev in the past.The iconic EA action of Buy Rush Kill cycle ruined too many things.Take the so-called legendary MW2005 for example-that game was launched in 2005 but started in 2003 right after UG1 was launched.So BB was rushed in a heartbeat after UG1 turned out to be successful.EA continued to rush them in following NFS so we got 3 junks Prostreet/Undercover/TheRun in the end.Ironically BB became the dev of most successful NFS-MW2005 and least sucecssful NFS-TheRun both thanks to rushed schedule.Criterion(real) on the other hand was insisting on a HP style game which made EA mad and led to harder force on them than BB which led to MW2 project rushed into Burnout6(still fun) and Criterion fell apart with Alex and Fiona led core devs start new team called Three Fields.EA Canada/Distinctive was dropped because EA want to chase FF trend and got refused by them(HP2 was not a EA Canada project because PU2000 failed)Slightly Mad was forced to leave EA after confilct on game style and rushed timeline.Ghost is just a BB wannabe and failed just like BB itself.Every dev with NFS experience are either dead like EA Canada(EA Sport team isnt Distinctive 2.0) left EA like Slightly Mad(currently under Codemaster/formerly under Bandai Namco)shut down by EA like Blackbox(later Quicklime for NFS World only)or become a name-only dev like Criterion(Fake Criterion is just Ghost 2.0 without Criterion essence)So even we just consider NFS devs we can see EA's iconic move caused too many team and fan-favorite games totally dead.Which is the biggest reason I hate EA(They ruined Burnout/Medal of Honor/Crysys/NFS and countless other IP along with their dev team)
Message 24 of 25 (547 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@GK3512Agree man the biggest reason why i hate EA, is because they dont care about their oldest fans like me you and BLVD69 etc. But yeah biggest mistake EA made was firing EA Canada, after that they started rushing games. So i cant say im positive about NFS future, i think the series is dommed too die.

Message 25 of 25 (466 Views)