Multiple patches in less than 36 hours

by Kesol13

Original Post

Highlighted

Multiple patches in less than 36 hours

★★ Novice

Let me get straight to the point:

This is a rant. Plain and simple.

Not everyone has the greatest net in the world.  Not everyone has all the free time in the world.  The fact that it's been roughly 36 hours and THREE separate patches have been dropped is absolutely absurd.

I like the game. A lot. I've already defended it countless times against the nay-sayers.

When this third patch finishes downloading, I'll have spent more time downloading * for this game than I have actually playing.

Get. Your. *. Together.

With patch III, my game file will be around 50gbs. And I have a hard copy (not a digital download).

I have full games (digital downloads) plus their DLCs that around 50-60gbs.

ABSOLUTELY NO REASON for this nonsense.

Quit pumping out two and three fixes at a time. Put your damn big boy pants on, and drop it all in one * patch, a week or so after launch, like the responsible adults.

Un-*-acceptable.

Message 1 of 30 (520 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Multiple patches in less than 36 hours

★ Guide

As someone who doesn't have terrible internet, I would like to let the devs know that they can patch the game whenever they feel like they need to.

Message 2 of 30 (512 Views)
Highlighted

Betreff: Multiple patches in less than 36 hours

★★★ Guide

/facepalm 

Message 3 of 30 (508 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Dear devs

You need to fix your game!

also

too many fixes, please stop.

yours,

The Anthem Community

(just kidding, keep fixing stuff!)

Message 4 of 30 (500 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

There is a very good reason to deploy fixes a few at a time. If they break more stuff, you have three things to check for issues instead of thirty. And yes, they do QC the patches in-house; that doesn’t mean they can make sure they won’t break the game on any of the millions unique component combinations out there.

I’m in the same boat in terms of my internet being a bit on the slower side, and I’m not too thrilled about the size of these patches. But I mean, they gotta fix the game one way or another, and patching is kinda the only way that’s been invented so far to do it.

Message 5 of 30 (491 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

"Get. Your. *. Together."

That's. What. They're. Doing.

Fixing things requires patches. I used to download multi-gig updates on 56k...and I was still happy every time. The faster and more frequently they fix things, the better.

Also, having a patch has no direct relation to file size. A patch could keep it the same exact size, increase it, or decrease it. File size depends entirely on WHAT is changed/added/removed.

Message 6 of 30 (482 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

I have terrible internet and think that they should patch whenever they need to...

Message 7 of 30 (481 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

How is the limit of YOUR free time or the limit of YOUR internet in any way Biowares problem?

These types of "rants" make no sense. Cry about bugs... cry about fixing bugs. Rush through the game then cry there is no content... find exploits to gear yourself to the teeth then cry there is no content. No life the game and cry there is no content. Release a road map... cry about the length between content... there is too much story.. there is not enough story.. combat is too slow....it goes on and on and on...

Can people just accept that not every single game that comes out s going to be catered to them..

Message 8 of 30 (477 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide
I'm mostly curious how they are capable of producing so large (GB's) patches, even tho fixes doesn't seem to have that much documented content.
Message 9 of 30 (469 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

OP... 1) Grow up 2) Try to make up your mind before throwing temper tantrums (you can't get fixes with no patches) 3) Your internet is your problem (we've all been there) 4) Maybe wait a while like a sane person if your internet and patience are both so bad you can't handle more than a patch a month.

Message 10 of 30 (468 Views)
Twitter Stream