Multiplayer Open Discussion

by 2042onthemove

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Multiplayer Open Discussion

★ Guide

I started playing a week and a half ago. My thoughts about multiplayer:

It is very realistic and alluring in a feeling of battle and war. Quite an achievement! That real war immersion keeps bringing me in for a death or two. Two biggest complaints: 1) Playing against players who are very fast, very good, can see thru walls/stone/tall grasses and kill me, can be engineer or medic and shoot me from long distances...I mean it is discouraging dying a lot and very difficult to kill these good players filling them with lead as they kill me before 1 second is up thereby getting no credit for a kill AND, 2). WAY TOO SLOW in leveling up guns and gear. WAY to discouraging and therefore really don't play as much.  I'm coming against very good players with a butter knife and being used as target practice.

So wish EA would fix these two major things! Just make it more balanced with weapons and gadgets.

Your thoughts?

Message 1 of 8 (827 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Multiplayer Open Discussion

★★★★ Pro
@2042onthemove Settings is everything, you'll find the really good players are those who have tweaked their settings like crazy and 99% of the time play with high sensitivity.

Guns are only a fraction of this equation, you need to:
- Have situational awareness
- Know where the main body of the enemy team is as teams usually zerg from objective to objective
- Be aware of all exits near you
- Know all the hidy hole areas
- Know the capabilities of each gun and your skill using them

Once you learn the maps and tweak your settings to suit you, you'll do much better. Also watch high profile players on Youtube for advice, try avoid content creators as while they can be good, their job is to entertain. If you truly want to improve, watch the sweatiest sweats to ever sweat in a match....thats where you'll get the real advice

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (733 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Pro
@2042onthemove Settings is everything, you'll find the really good players are those who have tweaked their settings like crazy and 99% of the time play with high sensitivity.

Guns are only a fraction of this equation, you need to:
- Have situational awareness
- Know where the main body of the enemy team is as teams usually zerg from objective to objective
- Be aware of all exits near you
- Know all the hidy hole areas
- Know the capabilities of each gun and your skill using them

Once you learn the maps and tweak your settings to suit you, you'll do much better. Also watch high profile players on Youtube for advice, try avoid content creators as while they can be good, their job is to entertain. If you truly want to improve, watch the sweatiest sweats to ever sweat in a match....thats where you'll get the real advice
Message 2 of 8 (734 Views)

@2042onthemove 

Honestly, i'm just glad you're calling them good players and not just resorting to calling them cheats. Don't worry about that mate; once you get used to the maps and find the high traffic areas, you'll stand a much better chance at turning the tide on them.

Unfortunately, we're in a weird spot when it comes to the time to kill and time to die - it used to be quite broken, then it was sort of fixed, but then got reverted again so deaths can sometimes still look like they happen in a single frame. Depending on your playstyle, I suggest using weapons with an increased rate of fire to even the score somewhat - it won't always give you an advantage, but with the right flank I'm sure you'll succeed more often than not.

It may sound counter-intuitive since it could take you longer to level up, but I suggest playing a couple of solo rounds of Combined Arms - You'll be able to gain weapon xp against bots and you can better learn how your weapons feel without the hassle of players raining down hellfire. Battlefield isn't really about the stats so just take it slow; when changes to Community games happen i'm sure there will be lobbies you'll love joining.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 3 of 8 (718 Views)

★ Guide

Yep! What you say is obviously right.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 8 (693 Views)

★ Guide

Thank you. I'll try it!

Message 5 of 8 (692 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@TTZ_Dipsy Can Combined Arms be played offline?
Message 6 of 8 (487 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ChrisAWJBethel Nope, don't believe so anyway. 

*Edit: have checked and you need to be online for Combined Arms.

47be4bc6-8682-4bd6-a184-08dab0453aea.png

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 7 of 8 (475 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@2042onthemove
The Player Paradox :
I was like You once , though even now I'm still not always deadly like your Enemy .
I am like You still , but sometimes too . . . I am exactly like that Enemy .
Only Time; honestly spent IN Battlefield; powers this odd 'evolution' forward .
This makes you new-to-the-lands Prey where long-roaming Predators abound .
Let's run with my odd and strange advice then :
Learn To Live First - Learn To Kill Later
'Study' your deaths - often , those Experts secrets (or your own foolishness) gets revealed .
I also think that as you move about it's a very good idea to always consider every rock , bush or cover spot to be concealing a potential shooter .
As well , if you've found and are using cover well and haven't actually been discovered yet , it's sometimes a really bad idea to start shooting .

. . Right! Enough blah blah blah .
Trial By Fire works best .
Off you go!
Message 8 of 8 (455 Views)