Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Muktikills is BROKEN - I killed 10 in 3 secs and nothing registered

by ScrubbyGrabbit

Original Post

Muktikills is BROKEN - I killed 10 in 3 secs and nothing registered

★★★★ Apprentice

Grouped them together in a world event and pulled the trigger

THIS IS BULLS**T - IVE GOT NOTHING TO DO IN THIS GAME UNTIL I DO THIS!!!!

Message 1 of 10 (147 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

What attack are you using? I got that requirement without even trying.

(redacted)

Message 2 of 10 (138 Views)

★★★★ Guide

According to BioWare, a multi-kill is defined by:

"8 kills in a 10-second window that resets every kill."

So, once you make that very first kill, you better get seven more within 10 seconds.  The system starts counting down from 10.  Good luck.  Haven't played yet (PS4).

Message 3 of 10 (132 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I may be wrong then..

If that really is what it means.. then you have a new 10 seconds 'after' each kill.. not 10 seconds to get 8 kills.

Message 4 of 10 (123 Views)

★★★★ Guide

LOL.  I mean I don't really know... I would really, really think that's a 10-second window to get all 8 kills.  I mean I've put 2000 hours into Destiny 2 and that's pretty much standard fair for shooter games.  You're basically having to make one kill in just over one second each, right?  I haven't played since the Open Demo but if this were Destiny and the way my brain works for Destiny is that I would run over to the "Mandible" bandit hideout thing?  Should be able to find it on your map in Freeplay--certainly set the difficulty to Easy and try farming it there?  I seem to recall a lot of little grunts come at you in some of those rooms inside there... might be able to get 2 multi-kills per run?  You might be able to find a video on YouTube about farming multi-kills in Anthem for this challenge... if I end up getting stuck on it when I play on Friday, I might look up a good farm method for this since it likely won't be the last time we need to get multi-kills in the lifespan of Anthem. 

Message 5 of 10 (115 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@TheDarkrayne wrote:

I may be wrong then..

If that really is what it means.. then you have a new 10 seconds 'after' each kill.. not 10 seconds to get 8 kills.

Man, maybe you are right and that's why the OP thought it was broken.  Maybe the devs are making this so easy that everyone's tripping over it?  Well, I know for a fact that Mike Gamble has said on Twitter that the DAY ONE PATCH is going to correct every aspect of these challenges that seem "punishing" so you can bet your Javelin that this is going to be "tweaked" or adjustments to the system to better detect what's going on.  As a side, I heard Mike mention something about rendering delay in the open world which is being addressed in this patch, too, which may account for multi-kills not actually registering because of graphic-rendering lag, like in-game input lag hanging up the code which updates the servers with what your actions are actually doing??? -- may be a correlation, here.  And it's being addressed in the patch, anyway.  Things should be a lot tighter after the patch.  The PS4 experience should actually be very, very silky minus loading screens.  I drink coffee when I play games that just launch so that's my refill time.  It'll be midnight.  Will be pulling an all-nighter!!!  If not for loading screens might have to consider investing in adult diapers or peeing in a cup!  (a joke, but these loading screens benefit my health and overall well-being).

Message 6 of 10 (109 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Not sure if it's a bug but here's the fix. This happens on Rangers, not sure on other classes.

Anyway long story short Ultimate's don't count. They get grouped into the Ultimate Achievement so you get nothing for using them on a multi kill. Best way to do this is go into free play with a sniper rifle and a machine gun. Find a group of mobs and and pop targets from afar (think it may only be 5 kills needed) or aoe and bum rush in with a machine gun to take them out quickly.. I was in the same boat as you but once learning this I finished the multi-kill part of the tomb in 5 minutes.

Message 7 of 10 (97 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

@ChiTownTx wrote:

Not sure if it's a bug but here's the fix. This happens on Rangers, not sure on other classes.

Anyway long story short Ultimate's don't count. They get grouped into the Ultimate Achievement so you get nothing for using them on a multi kill. Best way to do this is go into free play with a sniper rifle and a machine gun. Find a group of mobs and and pop targets from afar (think it may only be 5 kills needed) or aoe and bum rush in with a machine gun to take them out quickly.. I was in the same boat as you but once learning this I finished the multi-kill part of the tomb in 5 minutes.

Mike Gamble's only the lead producer what would he know right?  High five Thanks for sharing your method seems easy enough to reproduce.

Message 8 of 10 (92 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Ultimate's don't count.

people keep saying this, but it worked just fine for me.

Message 9 of 10 (83 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The way the mechanic for the Multi-kill challenge is written is daft..

I was trying for ages to get it

just fitted a light machine gun on my storm, went into free play on easy and shot 8+ with no more than 10 sec between each kill

its that simple..   ultimate's don't count ..   frost combos help

I got the Gold medal for multi-kill  in a mater of minuets

wish it was worded better,, as I too have spent far too long trying to kill 8 at the same time or using my ultimate to start and then not having enough enemy to mop up at the end.

Message 10 of 10 (45 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help