Re: Mr. Reward-o-tron 3000.... SUCKS

by CherryPiez

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mr. Reward-o-tron 3000.... SUCKS

★ Apprentice

Unfortunately this new cosmetic prize system is sooo garbage. Totally underwhelming. 

In the previous games you had options as to what you could out coins into. Maybe you only like to play plants; buy a plant pack! Vice versa. Maybe you really wanted variants; save up and buy a full new character variant pack! 

Now everything is shoved into one boring slot machine. There is no ANTICIPATION. There is no SATISFACTION. 

It is a coindump. 

No one this week has said “Oh man, I need to grind to earn more coins so I can spend 30k at mr reward-o-tron.” 

You only spend coins there when the XP machine is down (which is not needed AT ALL!) I really miss the fun animations and SUSPENSE of opening card packs. It was ADDICTING. 

Mr. Reward-o-tron is so boring. You just pay 30k over and over, not expecting anything exciting, and maybe 1/10 tries you will get something cool. 

There is no incentive to pay 30k, except that it is almost the only way to collect cosmetics. *Not to mention that half the time you just get the new chat things. Ive gotten “*#$!?<+” like 5 times. Not sure what is up with that. Super lame prize after spending 30k. 

I guess I just don’t like how random it is. Its not like, “oh i saved and spent a lot, I hope i get something good!” Its more like “I have 30k, might as well spend it, I hope I don’t get crappy *.” 

Please make a new reward system OR add different purchase options to the machine. Add varying prices, the more expensive: the better the loot. Everything for 30k is too hit or miss...

Message 1 of 10 (3,490 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide

They could at least make the Mr. Reward-o-tron in the Plant's Hub give Plant only cosmetics, and the Mr. Reward-o-tron in the Zombies' Hub Zombie only cosmetics. As for other things to spend coins on, I imagine Rux would eventually sell rare stuff for lots of coins. Regardless I too miss Sticker packs, and the visuals/sounds it offered.

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (3,473 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

They could at least make the Mr. Reward-o-tron in the Plant's Hub give Plant only cosmetics, and the Mr. Reward-o-tron in the Zombies' Hub Zombie only cosmetics. As for other things to spend coins on, I imagine Rux would eventually sell rare stuff for lots of coins. Regardless I too miss Sticker packs, and the visuals/sounds it offered.

Message 2 of 10 (3,474 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@keaton_fox The sticker packs were sooo rewarding to open. I also loved having the sticker/collection book to keep track of your collection completion. Another complaint i have is that you get like 3 seconds to look at what you got before it disappears. Most times i have no clue who i got an accessory for until I go to the changing room.

Side note: Custom speech bubbles are lame prizes.
Message 3 of 10 (3,430 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I did prefer the sticker packs. If this the system for BfN, I'd like to at least see options to focus on plants or zombies when buying something, and even versions that are for specific characters like those special packs in GW2.

Message 4 of 10 (3,363 Views)

★★★★ Guide

They need to make the Zombie side give ONLY Zombie items and Vice versa.  I hate the plants, I’m Team Zombie all the way.  I don’t want plant stuff.  And yes, the drop rate for legendary or other better items needs tweaked.  It’s frustrating to spend 30K and only get some lame item, regardless of which side it’s from.

Message 5 of 10 (3,349 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Frogchair that was my absolute favorite part of garden warfare 1 and 2, it was so exciting and I kept buying coins just so I could get stuff for plants! and now it's this trash? this is the most disappointed I've been in any game in my life. I hate it.
Message 6 of 10 (3,320 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@CherryPiez what was wrong with the last idea??? sticker packs??? it was actually fun to open them and you got more than 1 ITEM. maybe they want people to play more. but why??? the sticker packs were at least half of the fun for me and now it's gone. I barely want to play anymore! its literal garbage!
Message 7 of 10 (3,313 Views)

★★★ Pro

Maybe once they add more cosmetics to the game you will receive more items from 1 capsule? Kinda like how a sticker pack of the same price in previous games gave you multiple items

Message 8 of 10 (2,999 Views)

★★ Pro

They're going to add in an Item Shop (Rux) soon, so hopefully we can spend our coins on Rare items there.
I share most of your feelings, that it isn't very addicting or fun, but it's sort of whatever for me and I don't care too much about it. There should definitely be variety though, e.g. pay 90,000 coiins for guaranteed super rare or better item.

Message 9 of 10 (2,996 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'd agree the sticker packs are much better when it comes with rewards and excitement. 

Message 10 of 10 (2,982 Views)