Moving to a new place

by AlienLee23

Original Post

Highlighted

Moving to a new place

★★★ Newbie

I bought the games in singapore , but i move to cambodia now . can i still play my origin games?

Message 1 of 4 (230 Views)

Re: Moving to a new place

Community Manager

@AlienLee23 Hey, our games are region free so you should have no issues. When you move to the new region you can log into your Origin account and continue playing as normal. 

Thanks for the question, I hope this helps. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 4 (207 Views)

★ Guide

Actually. That is not true.

I moved from the UK to Macedonia. I still have homes in 3 countries even today.  I find that unlike steam, and GoG or Amazon which function fine.  Origin had a complete aneurysm. Dont get me wrong, there are things I like a lot about EA> First company to actually respect statutory regulations about refunds without being forced. 14 day no quibble money back etc.  So I like EA. What I despise with my entire being, is Origin. It is the worst piece of pointless middleware no one wanted I have come across.  It is at least as bad as UbiPlay but I stopped buying anything from those jokers faster.  When I got to Macedonia I found I was unable to process even the most basic credit card transaction through Origin. I spent countless hours talking to some clueless people in India who were obviously kind and polite, yet irrelevant.

To a certain extent, this adds insult to injury. I dont pirate games, like people in the countries answering me, I pay the western european price, yet get sub continent service.  

I would say this. Who is the number one customer service rated company in the UK? It is a bank!. Everyone hates banks so how can that be? It is because First Direct Bank do not outsource customer support to people their customers do not want to talk to. A person answers the phone 24x7.  That person is British.  Not because of anything other than we do not want to support corrupt states with endemic corruption and a space and nuclean programme alongside some of the greatest prejudice and class bias in the world. We also DO postively want to support employment in our own country and are willing to pay for it.  Look at how big the UK market is. How many companies there are and how hated most banks are. Yet this bank is number 1 for customer service.  This is from the "WHICH" report.

Yet I saw EA list figures for lost sales due to piracy which included the Balkans and Macedonia. I even wrote to reuters and bloomberg about it as an investor alert.

Message 3 of 4 (164 Views)

★ Guide

Despite all the contempt shown by EA through outsourcing to countries which are both a customer security risk and just through simple failure of process will never be a customer service asset, I got BF1 because I really liked the 14 day no quibble thing. I fought Valve to the brink of court action for this one particular game they would not respect either EU or national statutory rights.  Fortunately, common sense prevailed.

I donated a large amount of my own money funding a campaign NGO to ensure statutory rights were applied to digital products in the UK because it is my country and the EA couldnt care less. (they started to change after the UK changed the law in 2015).

Here in the most laymans terms: https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

If it isnt laymans understandable it shouldnt be law.  I would be interested to hear from anyone that thinks this is obfuscation. Muddying the waters, plain *.  The realise of this amendment was one of the best days of my life as a gamer. It meant we could no longer be granted no rights whatsoever.

EA were one of the first to respect it and EU law, if I remember correctly, ahead of the curve, so thanks for that.

Message 4 of 4 (162 Views)