by full951

Original Post

Re: Mouse and keyboard support for console

★★★★★ Newbie
@MartenPhilip dude an xbox cost 350 a pc costs 500 so console is cheaper
Message 101 of 117 (627 Views)

★★ Novice
@LtHitlis I am glad you use the phrase "more accurate" because that's the exact advantage those playing with mouse and keyboard will have over those playing with a controller. "Aim assist is most likely for players first starting out and need to get around that learning curve. You always have the option to turn it off.
Message 102 of 117 (572 Views)

★★★ Newbie

if somebody wants to ask for k/M support you could visit this page    http://chng.it/HgBRCg9k5H

Message 103 of 117 (518 Views)

@loicjebril You have that choice when you purchase your gaming platform. If you want to play with Mouse and Keyboard buy a computer... It's really that simple. Don't ruin console for those who want to use them the way they were intended.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 104 of 117 (510 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@DarthValtrex Guess what, you can plug a k/m straight into a PS4 and a Xbox One with some of the latest games like COD. And the next generation consoles also. So your right, k/m work with PS4 and the Xbox without even using a emulator now. So play with a k/m on a console now as it was supposed intended. This argument is old, boring, and ridiculous to have anymore. Have fun, play as you want, with whatever you want, because I know I will. Later.
Message 105 of 117 (498 Views)

@LtHitlis Play with what I want and as I want? Should we start allowing aimbots? Wall hacks and just about every other cheat? I mean using your logic we should, if that's how some people have fun?!

If I have to go buy a mouse and keyboard to play this game in the future, I'll just stop playing.. If I wanted to play without a controller I would have bought a gaming PC and sat at a desk.

It is comical to me, because you've admitted that you need the accuracy of a m/k.. You won't admit it but you need it to gain an edge over those on console. Why else would you want to play with a m/k on console?! If you really wanted to play with a m/k you'd just game on PC, but doing so would not give you any edge so you don't.. You just come here and complain and cry about wanting it on console...

Message 106 of 117 (484 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@DarthValtrex Your argument is comical and absurd. Aim-bits, hacks, and cheats are against PS4 and Xbox terms of service and considered a serious violation. Controller emulators are NOT. Trust me the XIM has been around since the original Xbox. Both PS and Xbox are aware of them and has chosen to not list them as a violation. Plus look at the new generation of games and the direction they are going in. Fortnite and COD are BOTH cross-platform and share input device lobbies. So guess what direction the new PS5 and Xbox are going! Again, have fun with whatever you choose and if your not having fun, quit. The player base won’t miss one more. There is a reason Warzone hit 30 million in such a short time. There are plenty more and adding everyday!
Message 107 of 117 (474 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes and look at the drama with KB/M versus Controller from fortnite. If they do allow KB/M on console then arguments will come about that they forgot to make sure kb/m doesnt get aim assist just as an example. Warzone is popular since it is a BR and its something new with popular streamers playing it. It will go down once the new cod comes out while fortnite still pulling views. There's a lot of possibilities when adding stuff like this,if you want to play like a pc its best to buy/build your own pc.Also why fortnite is splitting pc and console in tournaments as well.

Message 108 of 117 (442 Views)

[ Edited ]

@LtHitlisThose games have controller only lobbies. How well that's working and whether or not they can keep it to Controller only players remains to be seen. If they can't keep mouse and keyboard players seperated from controller players, you'll see controller players leave the game in droves. Some might switch to a mouse and keyboard, but many like me won't. I'll just go back to single player games.

"The studio does note that it currently has “no plans” to support cross-play for ranked or tournament play, where an even playing field is more crucial" that right there tells you it's not an even playing field with it's mouse and keyboard vs controller. If it was an even playing field the tournaments would be cross platform.

You can call me names and make fun of my points all you want, but it just proves my arguments are solid because you have no legitimate rebuttal. If you had one, you would not sit there and just say it's comical.

If you want a good example of a nightmare of a game that's flooded with mouse and keyboard players.. Look at BFV, the game is basically dead in the water on xbox because of it.

Yeah Microsoft might not do anything about Mouse and Keybaords. Probably because it's nearly impossible for them to identify. That said, if developers put control schemes into console games that allow for mouse and keyboards to be a viable option they will run into problems. Especially if the Mouse and Keyboard players start to slaughter the controller players.

If mouse and keyboard is really not that big of a deal? and it gives you no advantage? Why do you want it so badly? So you can game with your PC friends? Go buy a PC... I guess if they really wanted to allow cross platform they could simply allow console players to join PC players, but not allow PC players to join console. You want the punishment be my guest.

Message 109 of 117 (406 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Always the victem 

Message 110 of 117 (379 Views)