Re: Yes to keyboard and mouse on consoles!

by full951

Original Post

★★ Guide

@Bowi_QC wrote:

@full951 wrote:

It's a controller  you to control the game with it. 

C'mon. You know it gives unfair advantages. You're acting like a broken record.

@joshua05ja73, you can request a feature here: sshttps://help.ea.com/contact-us/?product=apex-legends

Use the "report a bug" category; there's a sub-category for requests.

The Xim doesn't since its just an emulator and can only do what a controller is capable. It doesn't break any ToS, and unless that specific person has experience playing PC shooters will not see a significant boost in skill if the average player switched from controller to m&k.

There's so much misinformation about emulators, specifically the Xim amongst those who can't accept they just got outplayed by someone else.

Message 81 of 117 (1,529 Views)

Re: Mouse and keyboard support for console

★★★★★ Newbie

Yeah, but it will be a nice feature for all console players because they can play on mouse and keyboard which is way easier and if they will add this feature make it crossplatform so you play with pc players 

Message 82 of 117 (1,503 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Keyboard and mouse doesn't have aim assist
Message 83 of 117 (1,503 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Bowi_QC wrote:

@full951 wrote:

It's a controller  you to control the game with it. 

C'mon. You know it gives unfair advantages. You're acting like a broken record.

@joshua05ja73, you can request a feature here: sshttps://help.ea.com/contact-us/?product=apex-legends

Use the "report a bug" category; there's a sub-category for requests.

When anyone tries to make it sound like it should not be used or imply it's not allowed or says it's cheating, I will correct them. If you think emulators give an advantage I agree with you. If you think That advantage is unfair, your thoughts are plain wrong. 

Message 84 of 117 (1,488 Views)

★ Guide

Lol...how is it not an advantage? A pc player playing an fps with a xim against controller players is an UNFAIR advantage...I'm almost POSITIVE I can't run a rapid fire script on my stock controller...I'm almost POSITIVE I can't run anti-recoil on my stock controller...I'm pretty POSITIVE I can run a crouch spam macro on my controller...

Quit with the "emulators can only do what controllers can do bs" 

They are more precise than a controller AND you still get aim assist...what are you talking about bro? 

You have no clue what you are talking about...chronus...xim...Titan they are all cheats and anyone who uses one is a lazy POS who doesn't wanna grind out learning controller play...

"I lost a finger and can't hold a controller"...yeah okay

https://youtu.be/WzhXyPWdFuE

"I got arthritis!!!" Yeah okay

https://youtu.be/PJKEjxsAfyU

"Not against tos"

Xbox cheat policy: " use of 3rd party software can result in permanent ban"....and emulator is 3rd party...and uses "software" to translate kbm input into controller input...it's cheating 

"Sony and Microsoft made a kbm"...yes...they made a KBM!!! which will be recognized as KBM!!!! it WILL NOT WORK on any game that DOES NOT SUPPORT KBM...

EMULATORS ARE CHEAT DEVICES....PERIOD!!!!

Message 85 of 117 (1,476 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@DontSilenceMe wrote:

Lol...how is it not an advantage? A pc player playing an fps with a xim against controller players is an UNFAIR advantage...I'm almost POSITIVE I can't run a rapid fire script on my stock controller...I'm almost POSITIVE I can't run anti-recoil on my stock controller...I'm pretty POSITIVE I can run a crouch spam macro on my controller...

Quit with the "emulators can only do what controllers can do bs" 

They are more precise than a controller AND you still get aim assist...what are you talking about bro? 

You have no clue what you are talking about...chronus...xim...Titan they are all cheats and anyone who uses one is a lazy POS who doesn't wanna grind out learning controller play...

"I lost a finger and can't hold a controller"...yeah okay

https://youtu.be/WzhXyPWdFuE

"I got arthritis!!!" Yeah okay

"Not against tos"

Xbox cheat policy: " use of 3rd party software can result in permanent ban"....and emulator is 3rd party...and uses "software" to translate kbm input into controller input...it's cheating 

"Sony and Microsoft made a kbm"...yes...they made a KBM!!! which will be recognized as KBM!!!! it WILL NOT WORK on any game that DOES NOT SUPPORT KBM...

EMULATORS ARE CHEAT DEVICES....PERIOD!!!!

It's so against ToS that a few people stream using the Xim and have been using the same PSN ID/Gamertag for years now. Dirty CeZ been using a Xim 4 since 360 days, why hasn't he been banned yet?

BTW there is no recoil reduction or auto fire script for Xim. Youtube the setup and check their forums.

This "precision" you speak of, is 100% based on the user experience. Do you really think someone whos never gamed with a M&K in their life would just pick up a Xim and become pro overnight?

Message 86 of 117 (1,465 Views)

★ Guide

@LtHitlis wrote:

@EA_Darko wrote:

Have to say @LtHitlis that I do think that if mouse and keyboard is brought into a game then I like to see all m+k players playing against each other. I have a gaming PC and the various consoles and for Apex Legends I am playing on both PC and PS4 and enjoying it on both but my skill level on PC is far higher than on console thanks to the tools I can use. 

Darko

I understand what your saying. But do not agree completely. Do we seperate servers  for people who use high end surround sound headphones like Turtlebeach? They have an advantage over people who use just their TV speakers. Do we seperate servers for players using Elite controllers or Scuf controllers? Those controllers have an advantage over standard controllers. Do we seperate servers for those playing on an Xbox One X with a 4K tv or monitor with a faster refresh time vs someone playing on an Original Xbox One on a 720P TV? Same for the PS4 Pro vs the standard PS4. Do we seperate servers for those using an external SSD drive vs those using the internal drive? All these mentioned devices give the user an advantage over one who chooses not to use them. So we continue to coddle those who chose a less accurate input device then one that makes the game more fun to play for others. 

And let’s be honest, we are already playing against Keyboard and Mouse users on a regular basis via products like the XIM Apex or Keymander. Fortnite already attempted to block those using those products by forcing them against cross platform PC players. XIM had a work around firmware upgrade out within 48 hours to prevent that from happening. So if you truly want to balance the playing field just make input options a choice. Because even if you choose to seperate servers the controller players will still be playing against people using XIM’s and other controller emulators. So that’s not a fix either. 

As I’ve said before, I definitely enjoy using K/M over a controller, but I would NEVER play a cross platform game against PC players. Not because of any input advantage or skill advantage. But simply because PC players are plagued with hacks and cheats ranging from aimbots, wall hacks, god mode, just to mention a few. Just did a google search for “Apex Legend PC hacks and cheats” and the list filled the screen immediately. No thanks on playing with those guys! That’s the whole reason I came to console once both Sony and Microsoft announced that keyboard and mouse were both going to include input options on their console for game designers to use. 

M&K vs controller is not the same a pro vs regular or turtle Beach vs the sound ...not even close. 

I own an older PC that used to be my main gaming device until mid thru Xbox 360.  I can tell you, even after years of playing on controller I would faceroll with 2-3 weeks of PC practice if I was going up against console players with controller.  

It's not remotely fair.  Turtle Beach vs TV is like playing baseball with a sore hand.  M&K vs controller would be like going to the major leagues with a bullet wound to the center thigh.

I agree on PC cheating ..gee, can't wait to backdoor hackers on console with cross platform ..

Message 87 of 117 (1,457 Views)

★ Guide

I don't know what you want from me bro..

Use of this party software and even accessories are banable actions...

Unlicensed headset? Ban

Battle beaver controller? Ban 

Bro just Google Xbox code of conduct...it literally says

"Don't cheat or tamper. For example, don't:

• Use unauthorized hardware or software
  • Exploit game vulnerabilities or glitches
  • Make unauthorized modifications to your account profile or its contents (e.g., tenure, Avatar, game saves, Gamerscore, achievements)
  • Intentionally play with someone who is using unauthorized software or methods"

It later goes on to explain punishment...

"

Consequences

A violation of the Microsoft Code of Conduct may be cause for these or other actions:

• Automatic assignment of a new Gamertag, if you create an inappropriate Gamertag.
  • Content deletion, if you create or use inappropriate Content.
  • Restrictions (e.g., communications, multiplayer, account access) on your use of Xbox Live services, if you abuse those services.
  • Permanent suspension or device ban, if you commit an egregious violation that includes, but is not limited to: hacking, modding, profile tampering, fraud, trading or stealing accounts or Gamertags, severe racial remarks, impersonating Xbox staff, displaying nudity, repeatedly creating inappropriate Gamertags or profile content, distributing URLs to phishing sites.
  • Permanent suspension or device ban, if you try to avoid suspension with alternate accounts and/or devices.
  • Permanent suspension or device ban, if you repeatedly commit violations"

Notice modding? I made it bold...because by using an "emulator" you are modifying the input from kbm to controller...

Side note...SCUFF is the exclusive 3rd party distributor for controllers...use a different brand and you could be banned...use an off brand headset and you could be banned...

Whether it's a violation and why the violations aren't currently being enforced is 2 separate issues...

but using a xim IS A VIOLATION ...and hope anyone who uses one gets banned...otherwise I might as well go cop a $30 strikepack and run all the mods...I'll justify it with some B's like " I got arthritis and can't pull a trigger rapidly so rapid fire is on a hemlock is more comfortable"

Oh and I don't speak French but sure as heck looks like 0 recoil to me

https://youtu.be/c0QcyoXdii4

Here's another 0 recoil vid

https://youtu.be/vy_NLUXPUoU

Message 88 of 117 (1,445 Views)

★ Guide

And no I don't think the problem is with non kbm users grabbing a kbm and slaying out cause they won't...

But I'm for dang sure a seasoned kbm player with his xim dialed in would slay out in a controller lobby..

But at the end of the day idc...as long as the xim users get put into PC lobbies they can do whatever they want...but if they add kbm support for console they had better switch to input based mm AND put PC controller players with console controller players...

This would be fair right? I'll play on my gaming PC with far better specs against console players...same input different machine...

Message 89 of 117 (1,444 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I hope you know that you also get matchmaked against pc players
Message 90 of 117 (1,408 Views)