Re: Mouse and keyboard support for console

by full951

Original Post

★ Novice

The playstation its self has k/m support the butthurt console players that think k/m is cheating or unfair should probably just learn how to use something other than a controller. 

Message 51 of 117 (670 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

soon enough the controller players are just gonna have to learn they're using the wrong perifial. it works sure, but it's far from ideal. then they get all salty when others use the correct perifial. then they complain about how much better emulators are... all while describing the exact reasons they should not be using a controller for a shooter. emulators aren't even close to the raw input, high speed, and high precision native support on pc has and they act like they're up against pc players. when in reality the emulators perform exactly the same as any controller only it does not hinder the user thru the use of correct perfirals for the situation. it's gonna be a painful transition for some but they can't hold others back from using what they want for much longer. some would even say all the post in the world would not stop mouse and keyboard on consoles. first party support or otherwise 

Message 52 of 117 (682 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I have no problem with mouse and keyboard on PS4, but it has to be implemented and separated. I want to know when I play with people who use M&KB.

If there's a big enough "scene" for Apex Legends with M&KB on PS4, I'll be glad to join, but I don't think mixing both types of playstyle is a good idea.

A mouse might be great for FPS like Bioshock, Wolfenstein, etc., but I think it's pretty bad for Third Person Action games...

People who use XIM should be banned and the Xim Tech should be sued because if break Playstation's TOS and User Agreement:

"You may not use, make, or distribute unauthorized software or hardware, including Non-Licensed Peripherals and cheat code software or devices that circumvent any security features or limitations included on any software or devices, in conjunction with PSN Services, or take or use any data from PSN Services to design, develop or update unauthorized software or hardware."

Message 53 of 117 (676 Views)

★★★★ Guide

"You may not use, make, or distribute unauthorized software or hardware, including Non-Licensed Peripherals and cheat code software or devices that circumvent any security features or limitations included on any software or devices, in conjunction with PSN Services, or take or use any data from PSN Services to design, develop or update unauthorized software or hardware."

good thing mouse and keyboard emulators don't circumvent security features or limitations of any device or software. otherwise they would be breaking tos

Message 54 of 117 (671 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry to inform you that the Xim does not break any TOS of Microsoft (Xbox) or Sony (PlayStation). They are very careful of this. It is the reason that the Xim is hooked up thru an actual controller. To make a long reason short it’s to guarantee that the keyboard and mouse movement goes thru the controller to guarantee that the movement created can’t exceed the controller movements. People say it’s to disguise the Xim but it’s to follow TOS rules actually. Plus the Xim software allows no scripts (multiple key sequences) to be programmed to one button. Another thing the Xim software could easily be programmed to do but Xim developers don’t allow it. It’s no different then a steering wheel being used on Forza. You quote the exact reason it’s not a violation in your own post where you say “......or limitations included on any software or devices.....”.Simply put, the Xim (Keyboard and mouse) can’t do anything a controller can’t! But it sure can do it a hell of a lot better. So nice try. Careful what you say or someone might say your liable.

Message 55 of 117 (665 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@LtHitlis  You are saying * ... game developer are free to make choice on the controller ..
Fortnite is detecting digital input , and xim too, they have already ban some player and continue to work on a new detection system .

Please EA , do something again XIM and other KM dongle .

Message 56 of 117 (657 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@bloxboyy wrote:

@LtHitlis  You are saying * ... game developer are free to make choice on the controller ..
Fortnite is detecting digital input , and xim too, they have already ban some player and continue to work on a new detection system .

Please EA , do something again XIM and other KM dongle .

Again, more fake information, Fortnite only detected movement habits, simply put, if you move with a keyboard and use the “W” button for example to go straight. You move at 0° and constant. Of course with a controllers wonky capabilities when you want to go straight, your actually anywhere from 357° to 3° and not able to maintain a constant straight line. That’s what Fortnite detected and emulators only needed to program a little “off degree” bumb to cure that. And NO Xim users has ever been banned. Your comment was funny though “Fortnite is detecting digital input” Xim movements go thru an actual Xbox or PS4 controller so are you saying they are actually detecting their own devices? I sure hope so! Again, someone who just hates k/m and doesn’t know what their actually talking about.

Message 57 of 117 (644 Views)

Ultimate version of the game...

★ Guide

The best version of this game would be:

-1080p on PS4 pro, so perfectly stable 60FPS for all players with decently high settings.

-Native mouse and keyboard support, with input based match making to avoid any unfair match ups in any way.

-Cross platform servers locked at 60FPS max, with any beneficial visual settings locked on pc,  would be an opt in option for PC players "IF" they wanted to play with/against console players. (Support progression)

On console there are not rampant cheaters so the biggest flaw of this game would be solved instantly, all players would have parity of input and display, and on the whole the game would be so much better of a level playing field for everyone.

Its sad that usually when pc elitists talk about crossplatform play they want to run 120FPS with kb/m on PC vs 30FPS with controller on console, then say something stupid like "My skillz!! console players have none!!!"

Even the mention of a level playing field makes them shriek like monkey's, lol.

It would just be nice to know when u die it was not due to 100% headshots from a pistol 100 feet away, hahaha!

I just wish EA/Respawn stopped blocking a native input device on the consoles, its the only haven from cheaters currently, and I can see no reason it would be a negative in any way.

Message 58 of 117 (608 Views)

★★★ Novice

is not a fact of being below average but being able to have fun, it seems like u guys live under a rock, is it realy to just add M&K and match us against pc players

Message 59 of 117 (608 Views)

★★★ Novice

agreeee

Message 60 of 117 (608 Views)