Re: Mouse and keyboard support for console

by Gaspar1254

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

M/K don't have aim assist first off. Second off M/K is way harder than controller. Third some people don't have the money to afford a pcWink

Message 11 of 117 (3,805 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@EPICDERP11a minimal gaming pc costs less than a ps4 pro. 

M/K does have aim assist on console
M/K isn't harder when you're facing against Controller players. 

Message 12 of 117 (1,700 Views)

★★★ Novice
on which game does m&k have aim assist on console? i play fortnite on xbox with m&k and i can confirm that it does not have aim assist, and i play against pc players not console, please do research before posting stupid coments on * you have absolutely no knowledge about bro thank you Standard smile
Message 13 of 117 (1,541 Views)

★★★ Novice
and btw a pc that can run this game on the roughly the lowest settings, would cost you from 600 to 700 bucks if you are living in the us
Message 14 of 117 (1,540 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@MartenPhilip wrote:

@EPICDERP11a minimal gaming pc costs less than a ps4 pro. 

M/K does have aim assist on console
M/K isn't harder when you're facing against Controller players. 

When you say minimal gaming PC, if it costs less than a PS4 pro, it will not even be able to play older AAA titles at a playable frame rate. 30fps on a PC isn’t the same as 30fps on console. Console frame pacing is more evenly spaced causing 30fps to not be that bad of an experience. 

M/k on console DOES NOT have aim assist. Any game currently out that supports keyboard and mouse automatically cancels the option for aim assist the second you plug the keyboard and mouse in. Such as Fortnite. 

Youre getting confused with XIM players, whom use a 3rd party piece of hardware that tricks the console into thinking a keyboard and mouse is a controller. Those people have aim assist. However, they OP is talking about EA implementing NATIVE keyboard and mouse support, which would not contain auto aim. 

M/K usually falls under crossplay and server segregation. This isn’t a new concept. This is something else that Fortnite already has, Paladins is implementing this week, and even sea of thieves is working on implementing this very soon. 

Theres nothing I can’t stand more than some dude who jumps in a thread throwing a temper tantrum acting like he knows what he’s talking about and actually doesn’t have a clue, and that person is you. I game on both PC and console... I have a $4,500 4k gaming rig, and an Xbox one X... and you cannot build a PC that can compete with the one X for even double the price of the console. The GPU alone will cost you more than the Xbox will. So, again, talking about something you clearly don’t know about. 

Message 15 of 117 (1,534 Views)

★★★ Newbie

And lastly, keyboard and mouse has a much higher skill ceiling. On a console you’re limited by not only the hardware, but also the lack of muscle memory in your thumbs to accurately place aim in an instant, which is why aim assist exists in the first place.

So, yes, keyboard and mouse is easier to aim AFTER you learn it, but is MUCH HARDER to learn than using a controller, KB&M players are also on average much more skilled than console players as a whole. 

Message 16 of 117 (1,533 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If u wanna use a mouse and keyboard, use a pc, its not that complicated. Mice make it way easier to aim and control recoil, thats why there's no compatibility in apex.

Message 17 of 117 (1,497 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I hope they add option to play with mouse and keyboard bcs i have console but im not good with joystick so i hope they add that option
Message 18 of 117 (1,483 Views)

★★★ Newbie
What if i have * pc and cant run it?
Message 19 of 117 (1,482 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I agree I would really like keyboard and mouse the come out in Apex legends
Message 20 of 117 (1,474 Views)