Re: Mouse and keyboard support for console

by TheFirstAv3nger

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mouse and keyboard support for console

★★★★★ Newbie

Is mouse and keyboard support ever going to be available for console on apex legends or any of origins/ea's consoles games?

Message 2 of 117 (13,387 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

Hopefully, I've seen a couple posts about people wanting this too including me!

View in thread

Message 3 of 117 (13,353 Views)

All Replies

mouse and keyboard support for consoles

★★★ Newbie

will there be mouse and keyboard support for consoles when cross platform arrives or will it just not be implemented 

Message 1 of 117 (10,412 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hopefully, I've seen a couple posts about people wanting this too including me!

Message 3 of 117 (13,354 Views)

★★★ Guide
No this is a game meant to be played accordingly.

If you're below average and have to have an edge over your fellow console players just because you suck.
That's your own problem.
Message 4 of 117 (13,347 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I´m NOT saying to not do a crossplay between consoles and PC´s, but you could put some option in the menu to allow people who doesn´t want to play against mouse and keyboards to be able to select servers that allows joystick´s only, if you´re playing with your PC friend, you´re locked to the mouse and keyboard servers so you can have a good time with your friend.

Message 5 of 117 (13,343 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@MartenPhilip wrote:

If you're below average and have to have an edge over your fellow console players just because you suck.
That's your own problem.

If FPS games were “meant” to be played with a controller then why do we need “aim assist”? Obviously you feel controller players are “below average” to k/m players. Not looking for an “edge”, just looking for a more accurate input device for the game. Much like steering wheel controllers are better for driving games. 

Message 6 of 117 (13,337 Views)

★★★ Guide
Console play is meant to be played with controllers hence they're always provided with controllers if the production companies wanted you to play with keyboards and mice they would have added those instead.

The aim assist is added due to the difficulty of aiming with a controller. BUt you're so bad you even add a keyboard and mouse with aim assist to it.
You're a trash player seeking help of 3rd party peripherals to up your game chances by having a significant unbalanced and unfair step ahead.
Message 7 of 117 (13,325 Views)

★ Apprentice

This should ONLY come if they were auto put into pc lobbies and had no aim assist.

Message 8 of 117 (13,296 Views)

★★ Novice

I think they should make it so if you play on mouse and keyboard you have to play on pc servers, even if you are on console, that way everyone will be happy

Message 9 of 117 (13,029 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice
Ju
@MartenPhilip wrote:

That's your own problem.

Guessing you're not that smart. But just to let you know, games on xbox that can use a kb/m can only be matchmaked with other kb/m users. So they can't gain an edge against controller players. Also if there will be cross play (pretty sure they will) if you use that matchmaking you'll be playing with PC players, and they use kb/m and you'll be at the disadvantage. You're elitist attitude is pathetic at best.

Edit: and I'm glad you brought up "consoles are meant to be played with controllers, that's why they are shipped with it." Well XBOX, you know the console makers, have enabled kb/m support and said it's up to the game developers to implement them if they want, so seems they intend it to be played both ways. So do you count racing wheels or fight sticks to be the same? Even though some are developed by Sony or Microsoft themselves for THEIR console. What about the Microsoft licensed razer kb/m coming out this year? If they didn't intend their console to be played that way, why license it?

Message 10 of 117 (12,793 Views)