Most toxic moment

by Koochi-Q

Original Post

Re: Most toxic moment

@Koochi-Q Twilight is a good example?! I think I just lost some of the respect I have for you. Hahah

Honestly the last time I wanted to, it was an adult bullying a kid/teen. He was just being down right mean to the kid because the kid kept getting knocked. Yet the kid on our team did the most damage and was in the thick of every fight with me. I was tempted, but opted to report the guy to Microsoft.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 11 of 30 (421 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Koochi-QI usually just laugh when people are being toxic, or just generally which has turned some to be toxic. Tongue out

I used to have some not so friendly outbursts but hardly as much now as I don't take it seriously, which also makes me laugh when others do so you can see how this goes round. Party hat

@IlIlIIllIlIlIl I prefer being surrounded by those that positively criticize to help me learn and improve than those that just give me compliments.

Example - When I streamed briefly during S2 for a handful of people I always got this one guy that said positive things but they were ego inflating comments that didn't really do anything but someone else who rarely came on but when he did he always criticized my moves and decisions which annoyed me at the time but after looking back I valued a lot more and it actually helped me improve as a player.

@DarthValtrexI was going to bring up the twilight thing but no comment.... xD

Message 12 of 30 (414 Views)

@Koochi-Q you know I don't use a mike and don't communicate with text. Don't lower yourself, remain aloof.

Ping....... "suprise"

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 13 of 30 (384 Views)

[ Edited ]

@apostolateofDOOMYou mean you don't like Sergeant Gunny types?! I really want to quote him but I'm fairly confident that would get me into trouble. I'm actually fairly chill.. I don't hand out advice unless people ask for help. I might occasionally ask for a portal, zip or one of the abilities from a teammate. Every once in a while I get a really new player, most of them you have to guide with their ult/abilities. Nothing like being with a new Gibi player who throws down their ult inside of the tunnels near train yard.. My heart rate increases and I go into full on panic mode. If we survive, I become the most passive player in the game hoping for top 3 and third party opportunity.

Worst I do now is a "what are you doing looting?! We are engaged in a fight!"

@OldTreeCreeper I don't mind no mic players. But mics definitely help with looting and clearing areas, especially if you're looking for certain guns or certain attachments. I have a teabag system.. Teabag if you need this or that. Let me see what guns you have, so I can look for attachments.. 

Message 14 of 30 (381 Views)

@DarthValtrex I know mics help with the team work but I really dont have time in my life for this toxic nonsense i hear so much about here. Apart from the fact that I cant use a headset due to aural issues anyways Large smile

I listen to my teamates requests for weapon upgrades and that generally gives me an idea of what they need.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 15 of 30 (371 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DarthValtrex Lolz I had some respect?! Darn... never had such a thing... GIVE IT BACK!

You totally misinterpreted the message. The message was not going into the light! It’s bad, just look at vampires who can’t stand it or ghouls who avoid it. Then the Twilight thing came to further proof my point. Either you die by light (like real vampires) or you end up looking like you’ve been to a weird glitterparty with dudes the way you come out sparkling (like the twilight vampires). Either way it’s bad! That was my point! Now gimme back my respect XD. I want it double now since you had the wrong idea.

Yea I still remember you saying that story :P

@apostolateofDOOM you were supposed to be on my side!!! Frown

@OldTreeCreeper, I rarely use mic as well unless it’s a good team. Which is kind of odd. You’d think with a bad team it’d help more, but I dont want to voice stuff to ‘bad teammates’ who dont listen (to pings). So only use it for good teams (when I’m actually playing xD) or just to question some decisions :P
Message 16 of 30 (359 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I do it in an anti-toxic way.

Maybe subtle overtones of smugness at most.

But if someone appears to leave fairly unreasonably, like they weren't out. Or could have got revived easily or respawned etc. And we win.

Then I usually will send a screenshot of the stats screen with the text

"You should have stayed!"

I don't do it to troll or anything, just in hopes maybe in their next games they'll think twice about abandoning. That's why i send it with a neutral/happy tone. 

In vain attempt to improve the game.

Message 17 of 30 (352 Views)

@Koochi-Q True but I’m more like Vader. I slip up but still have good inside.

Message 18 of 30 (352 Views)

★ Guide

oh really? when?

Message 19 of 30 (284 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Koochi-Q I agree with what you said but think it was a bad example. Tongue out

@DarthValtrex I don't give advice to randoms now even in ranked as it usually falls on deaf ears anyway.. unless like you said asking for an ult and I also don't do backseat gaming as I know how off putting it can be but I might talk to them about it after.

Sergeant Gunny types just shows a heated passion and sometimes they're quite creative but laughter is the best medicine and they don't like that. Wink 

Message 20 of 30 (232 Views)