Most of you are playing this wrong

by RubberJohnny1

Original Post

Re: Most of you are playing this wrong

★★★ Novice

So your argument is, that most people drop in hot zones and fight most of the time. And the solution was to make a thread teaching people how to play the game. 

Clearly the majority wants to fight, hence why they drop fast and look for fights, hence why you made the post. 

I think the best option here is for you to wait for the next update for the solo que, this way you can play the way you want.

Message 21 of 28 (236 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Silz616 

Glad to know correct way to play the game is based on xp see I always thought it was for enjoyment I have been playing video games incorrectly my whole life 

you are 100% white knighting but it’s all good I will stop playing video games for enjoyment and start playing them for xp glad video games are not in the entertainment industry anymore

Message 22 of 28 (231 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I've heard it all now. "Cowards" for moving their pixelated character somewhere other than straight into a fight. I admire the heroism of all that hot drop constantly, straight into a fight and almost always win. I wish I was as brave as you all. See how utterly stupid that sounds?

I like a good gunfight, but I also like to play to win and my best results have come from fighting when needed, not for the sake of it.

If I wanted non stop action, I'd be playing a different game, with other players who also wanted non stop action. I play Apex for a different experience. When I look at how the game works, and how XP is given I thought to myself, "survive first, and gunfight when needed".

I suppose everybody just watches streamers and then copy that play style.

As a side note, people have posted how the game slows mid match. That's because half the teams are dead in 3 minutes all trying to be heroes. Instead of wanting faster timers, maybe people should focus on surviving longer?

Message 23 of 28 (230 Views)

★★ Guide

This is a fast paced game and you're trying to have everyone slow down because you can't keep up. 

Message 24 of 28 (225 Views)

★★ Guide
Also to add to this. Idk if you're the type of guy that does this but what's way more frustrating is having teammates that want to do nothing but loot the whole game. That is ACTUALLY the wrong way to play. What happens when you inevitably have to fight? Players like that haven't developed that skill at all.

For example. I literally just got out of a game where my teammate (one quit) wanted to do nothing but loot. The first fight that broke out he ended up doing zero, yes zero, damage while I did around 500. He had all the loot in the world but couldn't land a single shot.

That is the real problem.
Message 25 of 28 (221 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Mid game is not a problem when you jump out right away you have the winning team from all the surrounding places to fight only time beginning and med game are slow is when you don’t drop right away

i didn’t see anyone say they always win and I said 25 percent of the time and that in no way can be considered always 25 percent means for every 1 win I have 3 loses just trying to help you out

Message 26 of 28 (219 Views)

★★★ Guide

i love to kill all those hotdroppers :D ... they´re so easy targets.

Won severall duos (even with a random guy) because we looted first and then killed all hotdroppers which most ran out of ammo/syringe/shieldcharges while we had everything needed  like good weapons+all attachments and huge stockpiles of shieldcharges/medpacks Party hat

Message 27 of 28 (204 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I play with randoms too and I hotdrop every time. 10% of the time, we come out alive and with fully decked out armor and weapons even if they are bad. He never mentioned anything about playing longer, he played with his own premade squad, sounds like you are just spewing insecurity here bud. He is better, you don't really need to play this game a lot to get good. You are either bad, really bad, good or really good or just stunningly average. You won't shoot like shroud even if play this game for a thousand hours but you can get a little better than when you started.

You want to drop at a * spot with nobody? Wait until you are jumpmaster. The game ends fast if your team is *, just repeat until you get your jumpmaster and go to a boring spot. Sounds like a non-issue. Don't tell people how to play the game. 

Message 28 of 28 (188 Views)