Re: Most Annoying Quest/Mission?

by PretzleMe

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

There are two quests that come to mind for me.

There's one when you're trying to catch up with a pregnant woman and the other one (which I really didn't like) was a mission that starts on the Nexus and you're trying to find a woman that has a highly infectious illness.

It starts on the Nexus and she is somehow always one step ahead of you.  Then she goes into space, and for 6 or so many systems you travel to (some of which seem to only be in the game for this quest as there's practically nothing in them) she still is always one step ahead of you.

She is in a shuttle and you're in a Tempest but she stays well ahead of you.

I hate that quest soooooo much.

Message 11 of 26 (851 Views)

★★★ Pro

@PretzleMe wrote:

There are two quests that come to mind for me.

There's one when you're trying to catch up with a pregnant woman and the other one (which I really didn't like) was a mission that starts on the Nexus and you're trying to find a woman that has a highly infectious illness.

It starts on the Nexus and she is somehow always one step ahead of you.  Then she goes into space, and for 6 or so many systems you travel to (some of which seem to only be in the game for this quest as there's practically nothing in them) she still is always one step ahead of you.

She is in a shuttle and your in a Tempest but she stays well ahead of you.

I hate that quest soooooo much.

ditto,

Spoiler
and i also disliked the fact i couldn't have jaal snipe the terrorist *, after i let him go to save the hostage, as i had positioned him so he should have been able to snipe targets in the structure when i opened the door

Message 12 of 26 (843 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Basically every mission that requires you to travel from system to system and/or from planet to planet. Go there, talk to this, then go to another system to another planet to talk with somebody again. And you spend more time staring at the loading screen/tempest FTL jump than actually playing the game.

That mission when you had to catch a sick woman in a shuttle...i was hoping i can kill her at the end of it.

Spoiler
Ended up the Roekaar who captured her actually did it. No regrets.

Also the ones similar to the Elaaden drive core mission. When you have to scan multiple locations until you can finally get what you wanted. 

The ones with no quest marker... Those are driving me nuts and unless im in a mood i dont bother doing it, even though im a huge ME fan.

Message 13 of 26 (833 Views)

★★★ Pro

LOL this game is making me like Cortez a lot more with his shuttle drops followed by immediate action.  Am now driving around elaadin for the 4th playthrough, bored to bits...

Message 14 of 26 (819 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

The Greenpeace Save the Whales one.

Scientist who thinks Whales can be used to make tasty breakfast cereals: "Wait! I know everyone else in this cave tried to kill you but look at my puppy-dog eyes and listen!"

Me: "Say What?"

Scientist: "It is all for science!"

Me: "Jaal?"

Jaal: "Nope. I also thought there was maybe an environmental message, or something they were trying to do with it, but I don't see the point of anything here either. Just flip a coin or something."

Me (choice A) : "You're free to go."

Me (choice B) : "You're free to go, but I'm going to blow some things up and pretend the problem is somehow solved."

All of us, including the quest originator: "Let us never speak of this again."

Message 15 of 26 (818 Views)

★ Pro

@jpcerutti1 wrote:

Scientist who thinks Whales can be used to make tasty breakfast cereals: "Wait! I know everyone else in this cave tried to kill you but look at my puppy-dog eyes and listen!"

Jaal: "Nope. I also thought there was maybe an environmental message, or something they were trying to do with it, but I don't see the point of anything here either. Just flip a coin or something."

Me (choice B) : "You're free to go, but I'm going to blow some things up and pretend the problem is somehow solved."

You just know she will wind up working for the Rokaar (Angaran Cerberus) right? Because that's just how they roll.

Message 16 of 26 (810 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@fudgietroll wrote:

@jpcerutti1 wrote:

You just know she will wind up working for the Rokaar (Angaran Cerberus) right? Because that's just how they roll.

I even went back to the quest originator. Either I just couldn't find the magic spot for the convo E to pop up or they got nothin'. Standard smile

Message 17 of 26 (806 Views)

★★ Guide

@RoastPotato26 wrote:

That mission when you had to catch a sick woman in a shuttle...i was hoping i can kill her at the end of it.

Spoiler
Ended up the Roekaar who captured her actually did it. No regrets.

Bioware, it seems, has pretty much lost touch with the concept of morally-ambiguous choices. This quest is just one of many where there's a clearly "right" choice with the other choice being flat-out stupid. Save the woman? Why? She's terminal! And if she were left in the Milky Way, she'd be 600+ years very dead and none of this nonsense would've happened. The idiot that broke screening protocol to bring her along? Now has to contend with criminal charges as well as being indirectly responsible for his mother's death. So he'll be in an even worse headspace than he would've had he just left her in the Milky Way.

There was no way I was going to risk the Roekaar walking away with a bioweapon just to save someone who already had one foot in the grave.

C'mon Bioware, you can do better than this.

Message 18 of 26 (796 Views)

★ Apprentice

@VitesseLumiere wrote:

Honestly, Liam's loyalty quest.  It was fun, don't misunderstand me.  But the events that led up to the actual ship, I kept thinking to myself "why am I doing this?"

I mean, if I was really a captain of a vessel (and I bring real life submariner experience to the equation), there is no way I wouldn't have ejected his *ss out into space for that garbage.  Yeah, so it all ends up okay in the end, but that was a combination of pure luck and other people coming to the rescue.  My 9 year old also does a better job at apologizing and growing up than Liam.  Ugh, he annoys me...

One could even assert that what he did was treasonous and that if he got jettisoned out an airlock that would have been one of the best possible outcomes. Standard smile

Message 19 of 26 (765 Views)

★ Apprentice

Jaal's loyalty mission because I already did the mission to disarm 4 bombs on Eden Prime in ME1 and it was boring doing it again on Havarl. Standard smile

Message 20 of 26 (765 Views)