Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: More time to gather loot at end of sessions, please!

by Haruchai01

Original Post

More time to gather loot at end of sessions, please!

★★★★ Novice

I'm not sure if this jas been addressed but it would be nice if the game didn't end so fast after a mission. There are times when I dont have enough time to gather the remaining items and I miss out on some potentially good loot. 

Message 1 of 15 (293 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Hi hebrews312, I believe that when you are playing missions, any loot that is dropped by enemies is automatically added to your back pack, you don't have to pick it up. I believe this only applies to MW & Leg Items on Freeplay.
I hope that helps Standard smile
Message 2 of 15 (286 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

No, no, no... it really doesn't work that way, only the stronghold boss drops at the very end of the mission are auto picked up. Everything up to that point you must pick up yourself.  Trust me, I'm still stewing over my first legendary drop being in the first chest that I was locked out from in the heart of rage stronghold.

Pick up everything up to the end boss and for the love of the gods please wait for all your squad mates to arrive at the chest before opening it. I cannot explain strongly enough how frustrating it is to be that close and yet so far away from a drop you just shot your butt off for.

Message 3 of 15 (268 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
OtterChaos182, I must say I would have been traumatised losing my first legendary drop from a Stronghold.

Wondering if this because you were locked out that you didn’t get the loot maybe?

I based my response on what I had been told by the friends I play with and what I believed to have experienced, and this has now picked my interest so I will do some testing shortly and report back ASAP! 🤓

1. Run a stronghold picking nothing at all (I don’t care about Epic & MW anymore)
2. Run a stronghold and pick up nothing (unless it’s a Legendary)
Message 4 of 15 (250 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Pro

@ECKHART974 wrote:
OtterChaos182, I must say I would have been traumatised losing my first legendary drop from a Stronghold.

Wondering if this because you were locked out that you didn’t get the loot maybe?

I based my response on what I had been told by the friends I play with and what I believed to have experienced, and this has now picked my interest so I will do some testing shortly and report back ASAP! 🤓

1. Run a stronghold picking nothing at all (I don’t care about Epic & MW anymore)
2. Run a stronghold and pick up nothing (unless it’s a Legendary)

I can only give my experience from Freeplay as I haven't had an issue with loot in Strongholds. Any Legendary's or MW's that have dropped in Freeplay whether I have picked them up or not or even whether I have even seen them or not have ended up in my Inventory. If I did not pick them up they don't show at the end of expedition summary, but they are in my inventory when I go to the forge. I cant say re rares and epics as I don't pay attention to them.

Message 5 of 15 (242 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Trying things out now, experiment is being broadcasted on Mixer:

Mixer.com/ECKHART974

We will soon verify it all!

Running a stronghold now :-)
Message 6 of 15 (232 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Ok, I have run a Stronghold on Tyrant Mine just now and made sure to pick NOTHING up. 

I had about 20-30 drops including 1 Masterwork Item from killing normal enemies.

The boss dropped 3 epic + 1 masterwork.

I confirm that all I got was 3 epic + 1 masterwork.

My original response was wrong on that point, so I am glad I checked and I am sorry for the wrong info above!

Time to check what happens to MW drops on Freeplay now.

Streaming the experiment here www.mixer.com/ECKHART974

Message 7 of 15 (227 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Just finished the experiment in Freeplay an only MW and Legendary items will automatically go into your backpack, so my firsr post was at leat partially right! :-)

In summary:

1. Only bosses loot go into your backpack on missions and stronghold

2. MW and Leg automatically get added on Freeplay

I hope that helps :-)

Message 8 of 15 (220 Views)

★★ Novice

Unfortunately boss loot from Strongholds doesn't always get auto picked up, ive lost a few items being the guy either dead or ressurecting the dead before I head to the bosses body for the loot that supposedly enters your backpack. It may be due to some random bug or maybe its from all those part time stronghold players ditching out early so they can start a new stronghold for the easy gear grind. Im unsure but still its there.

Message 9 of 15 (215 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Sorry to hear that happened to you ryejass, probably something worth reporting because you don’t get the chance to pick these up, eek!!! 

Message 10 of 15 (184 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help