Re: Money is literally nowhere to spend.

by lagruej

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

As of patch 1.05 you can buy Nomad upgrades with $ instead of crafting them so there's a sort of money sink that isn't respeccing nor Cobra RPG.

I believe the actual plan was to provide means for getting minerals easily so you don't have to waste time on Nomad mining - the thing is there are plenty of lootboxes containing minerals plus equipment deconstruction gives you those too so you won't go Nomad mining boredom anyway.

It's not all lost, assuming there will be some DLC, it's still possible such DLC will contain something you need a crapload of $ to complete.

Here's hope DLC will not be Sims 4 stuffpacks whatnot but something like TW3 expansions.

Message 11 of 35 (776 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@iKillOrDieTryN wrote:
if you have to much money you must be smarter than all the people who wanted cheaper puzzle keys xD

It's really not hard to be smarter than somebody who can't figure out a 4x4 grid of Sudoko lmao

Those people are what I would classify as errr.. .well there's no nice way to put it - they're idiots!  We never needed more Decryption keys or cheaper ones.  The puzzles are so simple it's unreal that anybody complained.

Message 12 of 35 (775 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@lagruej wrote:

This is a problem they created with "research." ...

Yeah. The problem in motion is tied with Research, Craft, Market and Inventory mechanics. For them to work or to be appealing, they all need rework, almost from scratch.

I remember reading and watching Youtube vids regarding producers Q&A in twitter, explaining they were looking close at some games to understand the approach of some features, such as item customization, crafting, side-quests etc. I'm sort of worried now. It feels like they tried to use features just for the sake of using. Many things in the game feels ordinary and bland. I do hope they'll make some hard thinking around it.

But first of all, fixing all those game breaking bugs. I have placed my playthrough on a hiatus now. This is the first time in gaming history I bought a game that I'm uncertain to play because I might not be able to finish it.

Message 13 of 35 (771 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I agree completely, after a while there is literally nowhere to spend money, minerals, tech materials, etc...

I'm sitting on 100+ of each consumable in single-player, and around 500.000 credits...

Message 14 of 35 (754 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Same here. Maybe they could add real estate purchases in several worlds, finding/buying trophies, construction materials to extend estates, buying blueprints and rare materials to craft interior/exterior stuff, or buy unique pieces needed to craft certain types of armor/weapons/. Or they could make hotel rooms to rent for shoreleave missions, bars where u can return to pick up a date for a price..whatever. Of course these could be optional if players would want to spend credits. I spent money buying all the Nomad paints and any Ship Models...lol  But yea, need some sort of money sink.

Message 15 of 35 (731 Views)

★★★ Pro

All the credits in the world and Ryder is still wearing the same 3 version of clothes Large smile

Message 16 of 35 (715 Views)

★★★★ Pro

We could try transferring to EA to increment their budget, cycling back into MEA efforts for a better gaming experience?

Message 17 of 35 (699 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I think the money/research issue is a real problem.  Firstly, the weapons and armor on sale are rubbish.  Crafted gear is far better and so I've accumulated over 90K because all I've bought are a couple of augments and the nomad paint jobs.  However, this is all part of a bigger problem.  The combat system is unwieldy so buying consumables is not practical but far worse is the research system.  I find it very difficult to use anything other than the Milky Way research.  The Kett armor is hideous as is the Angaran gear and the Andromeda weapons have a real 'Buck Rogers' silliness about them.  This gives me thousands of research points I don't use and not enough Milky Way research for my needs which is why I opted for the "100 Milky Way Research point" Cryo pod delivery and surf the net waiting for the 30 minutes to pass.  This is a monstrous pain.

The other pain is the immersion breaking scanning I have to do on everything everywhere to try to squeeze out these Milky Way points.

Message 18 of 35 (697 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I guess it must be all about how you play the game, 'cause I never have enough credits or research Wondering

Message 19 of 35 (692 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

It does depend on how you play, though. Presumably, the people with oodles of credits are selling all the armor and weapons they pick up rather than breaking them down into resources. If you do that instead, the game's economy is far more balanced.

Sure the stuff vendors sell is still junk compared to crafted gear, but for Milky Way weapons I find myself using that stuff on occasion simply because there's simply a ridiculous lack of Milky Way research sources compared to Heleus and Remnant research. And that 100 every 45 minutes requiring going back to the Tempest? If you're a completionist, you probably only go back to the Tempest once you've done everything available on the map, so instead of going back every 45 minutes to claim your stipend you go back every six hours or so.

Message 20 of 35 (671 Views)