Mobile respawn beacon sucks

by BillyBlazes44

Original Post

Highlighted

Mobile respawn beacon sucks

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't get a chance to use it often but when I do, I find that using a normal beacon is already a huge incentive for enemy teams to run towards you and with the mobile one your dropping something twice. The beacon itself and then your teammate. I don't know what respawn would have to do to balance it (maybe just make it rarer) but if it was to be used like an ultimate accelerant and then your teammate falls thatd be better. I mean the way it currently is you alert enimeies to your position and your teammate isn't even back yet. 

Message 1 of 8 (415 Views)

Re: Mobile respawn beacon sucks

Champion
@BillyBlazes44 It's not too bad when you're Crypto.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 8 (406 Views)

★★ Expert

@BillyBlazes44 If they want to add incentive to people using it / carry it around, they really gotta make it loads better. Beacon itself should not be a call-down, rather a deployable with the same bright green beacon light emitting from the top. Players respawned from it should come in through a dropship that will drop you directly on top of beacon, already armed with 2 shield cells, 2 syringes, white body (50 health) and an increasingly better weapon + ammo as the stages progress. 

Ring hasn't even moved? Mozambique. Ring level 1? RE-45. Ring level 2 it caps out with an R301 + 2x sight. Normal stationary beacons should be buffed accordingly. 

Message 3 of 8 (396 Views)

★★ Guide

Currently I never pick them up and in the rare instances that I do it's because I'm solo and I'm filling my inventory with them to call them all down in the last circle or so whoever kills me can have a laugh when they go to look in my deathbox.

It already takes long enough for the dropship to come in and have your squadmates jump down. That's plenty of time for an enemy squad to get there so I think the best way to balance it would be to have it so it falls MUCH faster but otherwise operates the same.

That way there's still some risk involved but also gives you and your respawned squadmate at least a chance.

Message 4 of 8 (391 Views)

★★★ Expert

I think they’re fine and I like them.  Underrated in my opinion.  

Message 5 of 8 (381 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Personally I want to just throw it on the ground and have it automatically respawn my teammate. The dropship is a huge risk and I dont think theres a need to be spawned with weapons since you can just throw it on a death box 

Message 6 of 8 (378 Views)

Champion
@pastaclown A deployable would make it a lot better. Doesn't bait you out as much, maybe have it the same speed as tacticals e.g. Ramparts walls.

@xTomboyRespecter it shouldn't take as long as it does because it's not very viable. Run away from an engagement, call it down showing the enemy your position, and then you've gotta sit there respawning them.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 7 of 8 (333 Views)

Champion

I've been using them to feint the enemy recently, because as you say they're pretty crap.

Being a sniper, mobile respawns make the perfect bait. I'll drop one in a nice open area and take up a spot with good oversight and just wait for some thirsty souls to come running over looking for an easy kill hehe. Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 8 (328 Views)