Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Mixing pre-order with Premier: does not work?

by mm0nsta

Original Post

Highlighted

Mixing pre-order with Premier: does not work?

★★★★★ Novice

Long story short, I loved what I saw over the demo weekends in general, and I decided I would upgrade my Standard edition pre-order to LoD. Since there is no direct upgrade option, I had to cancel my pre-order to re-pre-order LoD. Then I had the idea of leveraging the Premier bonuses, getting 10% off and an extra week of playtime ahead, while retaining all the in-game pre-order LoD bonuses, should I decide to cancel Premier in the future. I was a bit confused when the Origin client told me that this combination is "Not available for purchase", so I contacted the support team for clarification. I had a long chat with a wonderful agent, and the result is very interesting, and since I can't wrap my head around the design decision, having a confirmation from the devs would be much appreciated.

As it turns out, the accounts used to access the game are different if someone is playing with an active subscription or a purchased game. The implication of this is that if someone decides to cancel the subscription, the next time upon login to the same game, but without an active subscription, one will find herself in an entirely different account with an entirely different state of progress. Aside from being an entirely possible implementational scenario, it also implies that this might happen the other way around as well, namely someone deciding to subscribe after playing for a while with a purchased version of the game.

Could someone official verify this, please?

Message 1 of 6 (197 Views)

Re: Mixing pre-order with Premier: does not work?

Community Manager

That's a great question to ask, @mm0nsta 

Origin Access Premier includes the Legion of Dawn edition. If you decide to play the game for a while on Origin Access Premier and decide to cancel your membership, any game progress you have will carry over to the full game if you decide to buy it standalone. If you opt to purchase the standard edition though, you won't have the exclusive content acquired from the Legion of Dawn edition such as the following below:

• Ranger Javelin Exosuit Legendary Gear Attachment
  • Set of Legion of Dawn Legendary Armor Packs
  • Anthem digital soundtrack

I'm going to double-check on the pre-ordered content though. Since you're pre-ordering with Origin Access Premier, if you decide to cancel and purchase a standalone edition I'm not 100% sure it might trigger as a "pre-order" since you purchased the game later on. I'll get back to you as soon as possible!

/Blueberry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey that was a great reply. Good stuff. What now? Give them +XP to help level them up!
Did their response fix it? Mark it as a solution so it helps others!
Want to learn more on how to level up and becoming a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 6 (133 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Not addressing your question, really, but just a thought. I bought a year of premiere. At some point during that time, the game will go on sale and then I will buy it with the discount so I don’t have to continue premiere indefinitely.

on second thought, you said “combination”. Were you trying to buy origin sub and anthem at the same time? If so, get the sub first, then buy the game separately.

Message 3 of 6 (126 Views)

★★★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry This is my situation so I'd like to know for sure. I pre-ordered LoD edition on Origin THEN signed up for Premier Access to get in on the 15th. Is the pre-ordered LoD in my Game Library going to be the one I click on to play on the 15th, or are Premier Access games located somewhere else? I assume progress will be tied to my account and not Premier Access/Pre-ordered LoD version.

Message 4 of 6 (111 Views)

Community Manager

@Swiftless 

Origin Access Premier is a membership that grants you access to games in your library. All the games will be located in the same place for your Origin client. If you were to cancel Origin Access Premier you would actually still see the games you don't own still in the library, they would be greyed out for you to play though until the membership is either renewed or the game is purchased via standalone. 

/Blueberry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey that was a great reply. Good stuff. What now? Give them +XP to help level them up!
Did their response fix it? Mark it as a solution so it helps others!
Want to learn more on how to level up and becoming a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 6 (95 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry

Thanks, that's how I imagined it should work, the subscription and/or the purchased game in Origin being responsible to control access to the game itself, with the progress tied to the EA/Origin account, regardless of the edition being played, and the ever-current version of the game determining what edition related bonus goodies are available on the account.

And yes, I intend to combine the bonuses of a Premier subscription to get the extra week of game time and the 10% discount on the LoD pre-order, and the LoD pre-order to unlock the in-game extras. As I am not exactly a game-hopper, and I see more than 5-6 months of game time in Anthem, the appeal of Premier beyond the first month is minimal to me, but I'd like to max out what's available.

As the only difference between the Premier extras and the non-pre-order LoD extras is the Founders Player Banner, I wanted to be sure that switching from the Premier access to a pre-ordered LoD after launch will not accidentally leave me hanging without the Banner, or cause any other unexpected side-effects. Thanks for looking into it!

By the way, this was the screen (attached) that confused me in Origin, saying that Anthem is "Not available for purchase" with Premier, but now I see that it would like to mean that the edition with the bonuses itself is not available for purchase. I was worried that if I subscribe to Premier then I'll no longer be able to pre-order LoD, with Origin trying to protect me from purchasing a game I already have the highest tier access to.

Message 6 of 6 (77 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help