Mixed Mode Has No Turf Takeover

by spIash_damage

Original Post

Mixed Mode Has No Turf Takeover

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

I just played over an hour in Mixed Mode and all we played was Team Vanquish, Vanquish Confirmed, and Gnome Bomb.  No Turf Takeover.

EDIT: We played Suburbination, too.

Message 1 of 24 (581 Views)

Re: Mixed Mode Has No Turf Takeover

★★ Guide
@spIash_damage Was it supposed to. I didn't think that was in the description, but maybe I'm wrong.
Message 2 of 24 (576 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Mixed Mode has always had TT.

I assumed BfN would be the same.

I hope they add the Battle Arena and any other new modes to it by launch.

Message 3 of 24 (561 Views)

★★ Guide
@spIash_damage Sorry. I rarely played mixed mode in GW1 & 2.
Message 4 of 24 (555 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@spIash_damageHmm. And Surburbination gone? Wasn't a huge fan of it, but interesting. Would've liked to have had TT in the rotation though as per GW2.

Adding to this as have just been in myself & first game was Suburbination, followed by Gnome Bomb.

Didn't stay longer as lobby collapsed but maybe TT is still in there, but just didn't come round? 🤞 

The modes should all appear in turn though!

Message 5 of 24 (546 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@ToastedSarnie wrote:
@spIash_damageHmm. And Surburbination gone? Wasn't a huge fan of it, but interesting. Would've liked to have had TT in the rotation though as per GW2.

My bad, original post edited.  Suburbination was there.

I don’t care whether TT is added but I’m hoping some of the other modes will be...

Message 6 of 24 (519 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

That's so weird. ALL PvP modes should be in mixed mode, except the upcoming 4v4 battle arena anyway. That's why I loved it so much in GW until it was a ghost town on PC and had to focus on TT.

Message 7 of 24 (509 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Iron_Guard8 I'm on Xbox, Europe servers and an entirely different crowd of gamers play mixed exclusively rather than turf - there's always a full lobby going!
Message 8 of 24 (498 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@spIash_damage Just little thing to add to the comments on mixed mode : like Ops, great though the maps are, the size of them might need looking at.
Played Suburbination, which can take a while anyway, on the Cheese Factory map. It's a great map that reminds me of Cactus Canyon & somehow Jewel Junction at the same time but the distances between zones combined with circuitous routes to avoid falling into rivers of hot cheese meant it took a long time. Gaining control of all 3 zones at once to speed things up was difficult & only happened a couple of times very briefly
Message 9 of 24 (440 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Iron_Guard8 wrote:

That's so weird. ALL PvP modes should be in mixed mode, except the upcoming 4v4 battle arena anyway. That's why I loved it so much in GW until it was a ghost town on PC and had to focus on TT.

If the Battle Arena maps are near as large as the rest of the maps, four 4-man teams would be fun, I think.

Played UT3 in some modded modes that had 4 teams.... SO fun to me.

Message 10 of 24 (417 Views)