Re: Missing Shots?

by Coyotekins_YouTB

Original Post

Missing Shots?

★★ Apprentice

Yeah, yeah I'm probably just bad, but I'm just gonna ask just in case...

I play on Xbox One and there are times where it seems that I have my crosshair directly on someones chest plate or skull and when i pull the trigger it doesn't register as a hit. Is this happening to others as well or am I just a trash can? Some details: I don't have the greatest internet in the world. I don't lag much if at all in game, but there are times when it can get choppy in the middle of a fight. Perhaps its connection issue? 

Aside from some of the jokes I've made, I'm not a terrible player. I'm also not insane, but I can hold my own in this game whether with friends or randoms, but this issue I'm having seems to happen more often than I'd like. If it's my internet oh well. But if it's my aim well then I'll just have to work towards gitin gud. 

Feel free to help with an answer or accost me with insults. I welcome all. 

Message 1 of 14 (4,487 Views)

Not sure. Recording your own gameplay and analyzing it is the best way to determine is your controller sensitivity is too high and your in fact aiming incorrectly.

I play with a controller on pc and i play at 3/3 sensitivity. I would not advise playing on high sensitivity in this game and resorting to jerky snap aiming.

Its all about consistency... And that works better with somewhat slow sensitivity.

Also keep in mind bullet drop and occasionally having to lead targets.

Other then that, not seeing video its hard to tell whats going on.

Message 2 of 14 (4,469 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I always see when I ads and spectating my sqaud(friends and randoms) that alot of times we are all so close to being on target but just off by a hair. like there needs to be more granularity in the look mechanic. I see if we are off to the left we correct for the right just a tiny bit just to over overshoot to the right jista little too much. back and forth only getting  one or two shots in between. otherwise it's a dead on, most every shot hitting. so like the first person said. the only real solution there is to that is lowering your sensitivity and dpi on pc, on console where I play it really feels like the aim assist is messing player up when trying to be precise, you have to let it track. which imo is completely lame and the very reason it should removed completely from console gaming. console gamers are completely capable of aiming at a high level without it but for decades they have been trained to aim with aim assist 

Message 3 of 14 (4,447 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This happens for me too. When hip firing shotguns, enemies will be in the center of the spread area, and shots will do no damage. This issue seems to be amplified when enemy has already been downed. With the wingman and the longbow, when aiming down sights, will miss shots that should obviously hit. I know it can't be because they move: it has happened on people who are not moving. My friend spectated this happen to me once, and he confirmed that I missed about 4 shots that I shouldn't have.

Message 4 of 14 (4,353 Views)

★★ Guide

Sometimes it can be a hitbox player error issue. Not meaning the hitboxes are broken (Even though PAthfinder's still is) but due to the varied sizes. Sometimes when I miss shots it's because while I'm shooting my aim is off center of my target and with some hitboxes you can still get hits like that but with the smaller hitboxes it's a straight miss even though it feels like you should be doing damage in the moment. Pay attention to the targets you can't hit and see if it's the smaller hitboxes that you're struggling with. If it is then it could be your aim is just slightly off the target.

Message 5 of 14 (4,331 Views)

★ Pro
I had this problem last patch, But its seems fine to me this patch
Message 6 of 14 (4,326 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have video proof that, the shot get missed alot while the crosshair is 100% on target. I got killed in a game while i had hit the target enough times to kill him but not a single shot registered and in the end he killed me.

Devs need to fix this or thing or i might leave this game for sure.

I will upload the video soon on youtube as proof thatthe changes that devs made to the game made is worst for people with higher ping or maybe as general.

Message 7 of 14 (3,728 Views)

Champion

@El_Cucuy_Uno  If its hit reg issues, you'll usually get a hit marker or audio effect of a shot hitting but with no damage dealt.

If you're getting neither of these you've probably just missed the target by a whisker. 

Hit reg issues are currently a pretty consistent issue this season unless you've got a decent internet speed. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 14 (3,697 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Look people you re not alone, and dont think this has ANYTHING to do with your aim, ive been suffering this problem from season 2. This is some server bug that  EA or Respawn just dont wanna fix, lately ive been thinking to leave this [Admin - Removed] game for good.

I can guarantee you this is a massive problem, happens to my friends,been happening to me for months, damn i have even seen it yesterday watching the camera of a teammate when im dead, The guy just drops nearly a full mag of a havoc on a enemy, should be more than dead like 220 damage, well, enemy barely had his shield broken Frown

This bug is [Admin - Removed] game breaking, although the missing shots, the game doesnt register your position properly and u get the bullets from a radius of half a meter in your surroundings, meaning you CANT dodge bullets, and u will be very dead in any 1v1, doesnt matter if ur opponent is a noob, he will ❤️❤️❤️❤️ u up cause u have the bug

Right now the playerbase is divided in people who have the bug and people who dont, and i can see that CLEARLY when im dead and watching the camera of a teammate. 6/10 times the guy has missing shots too and of course, he cant do nothing, im telling you this is the difference between dying in first fight or having 14 kills, ive tested it i have a lot of hours in this game and i can get to 10 kills with no problem if the game is running properly.

In my case, Belgium servers sometimes do the trick, and im able to play normally, but sometimes dont, this varies with every update, before last update belgium gce 2 worked fine for me, well, not anymore

I swear im near to quitting this game for good just think how many people are playing with this huge handicap guys

Message 9 of 14 (3,689 Views)

★ Apprentice
@x_LaggyPasta_x Before some EA worker comes answering nonsense, im telling you this
600mb internet of course connected by cable
all ports for Apex open
Gaming pc able to run the game well above 100 fps with no problems
Message 10 of 14 (3,688 Views)