Re: Misleading Deluxe edition marketing compensation?

by leucutis

Original Post

Misleading Deluxe edition marketing compensation?

★ Novice

I am making this topic as I feel this is the last resort for me, as the support chat supervisor Surender told me to do so. I doubt that EA will this see this, nor that anything will be done about it. But it is worth a try nonetheless.

I have contact the support with the following problem:

"20 weekly items with airlift".

This is pretty much the sole text that have motivated me to cash out for the more pricey "Deluxe" edition of the game. I love customization and getting (what I thought was) 20 items every week sounded like an amazing deal to me.

However, as it turns out, the truth is different. What it meant was 20 items total, over 20 weeks. I hope that most of you will agree that the marketing message could be interpreted both ways. Unfortunately, it is the far shittier option which appears to be the truth. A single item per week for a total of 20 is a bad deal in my eyes, especially since those items have mostly been colored weapon parts so far. If I knew this, I would certainly not have paid a 23$-equivalent more for the deluxe edition of the game.

I feel that I have been intentionally mislead by this. The open-for-misinterpretation information was what I based my choice on, and I do not feel it is right to simply let it slide.

I am not asking for monetary reimbursement from EA. However, I will accept the in-game currency as a fair compensation for being mislead. The currency that has no real-world value.

Message 1 of 9 (668 Views)

[ Edited ]

20 air lift items, delivered over the course of 20 weeks - I'm sorry there was a misunderstanding but there is nothing anybody can do about it now.

Maybe it could have been worded better, but it was clearly stated numerous times after the reveal that it would be 20 single items.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 9 (657 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Quite a despicable practice.

And yes, there are plenty of things that can be done about it now, but certainly not with that "**** happened, you fell for it, nothing to do now..."-attitude.

Message 3 of 9 (617 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I read it as 20 weekly items (over 20 weeks) with airlift?

1 item a week over 20 weeks.

Message 4 of 9 (567 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I agree, "20 weekly items with airlift". indicates/implies/suggests/tells us that we would get 20 items per week, not 1 for 20 weeks. also to launch with half the game not ready is bad tactics.
Message 5 of 9 (548 Views)

@Tydfil

Technically it's still proper English.

20 weekly items = 1 items weekly for 20 weeks.

20 items weekly = 20 items per week.

As for half the game not working - That is standard practice in the time of technology. Anything can be fixed with a future patch

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 6 of 9 (541 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
its American English, not proper English.

yeah you have a point with the "future patch" thing but still, a game should be finished upon launch not 50% 60% 70% done then patched later. thats just lazy.
Message 7 of 9 (528 Views)

★★ Novice

but in the traditional Chinese proclamation from EA, it just said 20 items per week

Message 8 of 9 (521 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is not the 1st time I got burnt by EA with this crap. TitanFall 2 was the same thing. Paid extra money for the good version. It was weeks later that EA  announced that all DLC was fee. What did I get for the money. 1 skin for 1 Titan and a poster for my wall. $25.00. 

With this game I can see 1 drop but it seems to me that if I am a soldier and I got an air drop I would hope that it was more then 1 bullet . I thought that it would be a complete skin for a gun or a complete outfit. I never played a game where the skin for a gun came in pieces.  

It says 5 sets of paratrooper outfits.  Battlefield five deluxe edition lets you customize your soldier with five special soldier sets containing stunning weapon skins, camo patterns, headgear, and face paint for your British special air service and German airborne troops. Choose these five sets from eight available when deploying into battlefield five. 

bull crap 

Message 9 of 9 (454 Views)