Mirrors Edge Catalyst DirectX Crash Error

by HyperShadic10106

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mirrors Edge Catalyst DirectX Crash Error

★★★★★ Newbie

I bought Mirrors Edge Catalyst on April the 7th and after playing through the game and arriving at the part where faith get let out of the prison my game runs fine but after a while the game crashes saying that my video driver has been physically removed from the system or a driver upgrade has occurred.

I have tried to reinstall the game, and reinstall the drivers but none of it worked.

Message 1 of 9 (2,951 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mirrors Edge Catalyst DirectX Crash Error

Community Manager

Hey @HyperShadic10106the error you are seeing is one relating to your GPU, the best thing to do is a clean install of your GPU drivers. 

You may also need to ensure that you:

• Roll back your drivers to an earlier build
  • Turn on vsync
  • Perform a clean bootbefore attemting to play the game
  • Ensure you have power supply capable of meeting the demands of your hardware while it is under heavy gaming load
  • Set all in game graphics settings to low in order to reduce the stress on your GPU.
  • Set the high performance preset in your GPU control panel, as opposed to the high quality preset.
  • Run your video card at stock speeds (memory and core). This is also important for players with factory overclocked cards. This will require some third party software such as EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner etc.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 9 (2,888 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)
Hi @HyperShadic10106

Have you tried playing any other games to see if the same issue occurs? If so then it would be related to your graphics card for sure.

Just to be on the safe side make sure your GPU is connected properly along with cables etc and you could also try reinstalling previous graphics card drivers: https://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk
Message 2 of 9 (2,942 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@CarbonCarl I think it might happen to another game but I get no error messsage, should i also try to install the studio driver? It also says something about DirectX 11 but i have DX12 installed.
Message 3 of 9 (2,938 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@HyperShadic10106Try any of the game ready drivers below the one you have installed. So any of the 461 or 460 drivers: https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/drivers/

If the same issue occurs then we can possibly rule out it being a driver issue.

Edit: Just to add make sure your windows is up to date too.

Message 4 of 9 (2,933 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @HyperShadic10106the error you are seeing is one relating to your GPU, the best thing to do is a clean install of your GPU drivers. 

You may also need to ensure that you:

• Roll back your drivers to an earlier build
  • Turn on vsync
  • Perform a clean bootbefore attemting to play the game
  • Ensure you have power supply capable of meeting the demands of your hardware while it is under heavy gaming load
  • Set all in game graphics settings to low in order to reduce the stress on your GPU.
  • Set the high performance preset in your GPU control panel, as opposed to the high quality preset.
  • Run your video card at stock speeds (memory and core). This is also important for players with factory overclocked cards. This will require some third party software such as EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner etc.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 9 (2,889 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@CarbonCarl I lasted a bit longer in the game with an older driver but problem persisted.
Message 6 of 9 (2,881 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko Thanks, I did a clean install of my gpu drivers and put the nVidia settings on performance, my power supply isnt reccomended for my graphics cards but i can still play the game on max settings at 1.35 res
Message 7 of 9 (2,863 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @HyperShadic10106.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 9 (2,860 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@HyperShadic10106 wrote:
@CarbonCarlI lasted a bit longer in the game with an older driver but problem persisted.

Well I’m glad you’re all fixed up now, some really good info from @EA_Darko 

Enjoy your game!

Message 9 of 9 (2,837 Views)