Re: Mirage "buff": Unpopular opinion.

by E9ine_AC

Original Post

Mirage "buff": Unpopular opinion.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I'd rather he be the way he was vs what he is now. The stealth rez is nice, but very situational. Controlling his decoy is neato, but unnecessary. Two charges would have been better. His ultimate was an absolute nerf. The way it was it could be used both offensively and defensively. Now it's semi useful offensively. Defensively it's trash. 

Discuss:

Message 1 of 24 (604 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I was waiting for this.

There is always 1 person not happy.

Message 2 of 24 (596 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Cool. Why don't you debate it then? How is he better than before?

Message 3 of 24 (588 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Killgore1981should when i get rez by mirage its at anytime of the match ive even been rez 3 times in single match with people all around us and lived to win. His ult has its uses as you are able to control them as well. To be fair there is no real offensive legend all have their defences and offences. This balances him out like other legends of having both. So pop your q then your ult then press control key to take over all them and freak other teams out trying figure out which is correct one. He now offers both imo. I also will hit my ult on him and use them like a caustic trap. Allows me to see if a team is coming up behind me and shoots a decoy. Strategy =P

If your a mirage not using gold backpack your not a real mirage. This is game changing when rez next to battles even with enemy teams dead on top of you. You come up half health and shield 2 of you to light entire team up without them knowing where you are. Its amazing. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 24 (587 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

"To be fair there is no real offensive legend all have their defences and offences."

Flawless. 

Message 5 of 24 (581 Views)

Hero

Bangalore - offensive = Bomb ult  Defensive = Smoke grenade

Caustic - offensive = traps = defensive = gas bomb

Mirage offensive = can rez while invis - Defensive = can launch a crowd of decoys who can be controlled

Wraith - offensive = can escape battle when needed = Can set portal for entire team to escape

Pathfinder - offensive = can escape when needed defensive = can help entire zip line out to escape

Loba offensive - can bracelet dive to high places for better fire rate = defensive can allow entire team to loot 2 items from ult. 

Octane - offensive can stem run into our out of battles defensive = can drop jump pads for teams to engage or escape. 

Wattson - offensive can lay a lot traps to stop enemy from advancing your position defensive can lay ult to stop grenades and ults and charge shields. 

As can tell the list can go on but these are how i see it examples. 

Message 6 of 24 (551 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

That in no way debates whether or not he was better before or after the "buff" he recently received. 

No one would ever consider any version of a rez to be offensive. 

Message 7 of 24 (546 Views)

Hero
@Killgore1981 Depends how you play if you want to win you will use it in offensive moment of battle to save the team. So yes I think of it this way because if im dead my team may follow me verse if im up we have a great shot of killing them verse just 2 v 3 what ever it is. Its def offensive decoys offer no offensive abilities they literally just mimic you or stand there that is a defence to keep the enemy off of you and busy while you pick them off.

As for his ult I hate it and do wish it would be returned to normal without being able to control those it self. The new ult is very useless in close battles as they know exactly which you are.

Message 8 of 24 (534 Views)

Champion

@Killgore1981  Honestly, i preferred the Old ult. I stated this after testing the the new ult considerably shortly after release...and i honestly think its more versatile overall. The major let down for it was that aim assist could still detect an invisible mirage. 

I found the previous ult much better for repositioning and attacking, yes you can still see the dust he kicks up but if you didn't use it in a completely open area that really wasn't an issue.

They did a really good job with the rest of the rework though, as mirages tactical is only really obvious if its used badly and the passive is just much stronger all round.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 9 of 24 (513 Views)

★★ Guide

I shot at my own decoy once yesterday Large smile that never happened before

Message 10 of 24 (435 Views)