Mirage needs buff..?

by boolboo

Original Post

Mirage needs buff..?

★★★★★ Apprentice

I really like the idea of Mirage but the more I play with him, his abilities seem weaker and weaker. This is especially true as people have been playing more and more and can spot his tricks. The main problem is the decoys have no variance in movement or behavior...and start to become obvious. 

1. His Q ability is neat but it doesn't seem to be fooling anyone lately. The decoy is running forward with weapon holstered, the same every time....but what really gives this one away is the blue particle trail behind him......easy to spot. I think the Q could be more useful if the decoy is carrying the same weapon as you currently are, and there is no particle trail to give it away.

2. His ult is neat but the decoys just stand there looking awkward. Meanwhile I'm still strafing and jumping trying to avoid fire. Anyone who has played a few matches can tell me apart from my decoys. Worse still, there is a pretty big lag time from hitting the ult and being able to fire my weapon again. Even after the casting phase.... there is a lag before I can take my weapon back out. I think I should at least be able to shoot right away, to take advantage of split second confusion....even if the decoys are just standing there while I move. Maybe look into giving the decoys some movement here?

3. His passive is useless. A clone when you are downed? Most teams often choose to not even deal with you when you are down anyway....they first focus the rest of the team. And if they do want to clean me up first.....I'm the one with my knockdown shield up and the clone is just there looking dumb. This passive is just weak. 

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 13 (1,752 Views)

Re: Mirage needs buff..?

★ Guide

I think his Q is still in its infancy or being figured out. 

Yesterday I was in a building and heard footsteps outside. I threw my Q out the door to see if it was safe and sure enough, they shot at it (assuming they were startled). I quickly noped and left another way. Likely saved my life. 

How does his Q interact with the 'see-through-walls' ability? It might even confuse that character more. 

Message 2 of 13 (1,740 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, no doubt the Q is not worthless. Sometimes a player is on edge and will shoot at it even with the stock animation and the particle trail. 

Message 3 of 13 (1,735 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@boolboo wrote:

I really like the idea of Mirage but the more I play with him, his abilities seem weaker and weaker. This is especially true as people have been playing more and more and can spot his tricks. The main problem is the decoys have no variance in movement or behavior...and start to become obvious. 

1. His Q ability is neat but it doesn't seem to be fooling anyone lately. The decoy is running forward with weapon holstered, the same every time....but what really gives this one away is the blue particle trail behind him......easy to spot. I think the Q could be more useful if the decoy is carrying the same weapon as you currently are, and there is no particle trail to give it away.

2. His ult is neat but the decoys just stand there looking awkward. Meanwhile I'm still strafing and jumping trying to avoid fire. Anyone who has played a few matches can tell me apart from my decoys. Worse still, there is a pretty big lag time from hitting the ult and being able to fire my weapon again. Even after the casting phase.... there is a lag before I can take my weapon back out. I think I should at least be able to shoot right away, to take advantage of split second confusion....even if the decoys are just standing there while I move. Maybe look into giving the decoys some movement here?

3. His passive is useless. A clone when you are downed? Most teams often choose to not even deal with you when you are down anyway....they first focus the rest of the team. And if they do want to clean me up first.....I'm the one with my knockdown shield up and the clone is just there looking dumb. This passive is just weak. 

Thoughts?

I agree with 2 and 3,

2. His ultimate is basically useless as you can still see him partially when he is invisible, the other day i ran into a mirage who tried to run using his alt but i could see his outline and i could see water splashing from his feet from the area we were in.

3. His passive is useless, they can still see you when you're invisible and it doesn't last long at all.

Its funny how the two harder to get characters are the ones that need buffing.

Message 4 of 13 (1,728 Views)

★★ Guide

I can see why they added the trail and partial invis as to make him not too unbalanced but at the same time wraith can do the same thing but be immune to damage.the trail should be removed from his Q if they are going to keep the partial invis.

Message 5 of 13 (1,722 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I completely agree with you. His passive doesn't have much use at all, if anything they should make the invisibility last longer. To add onto that I believe they should make his cloak alot more invisible than it is currently. I wanna say about eighty percent of the time I'm being shot in the back because I pop his alt, the clones do nothing and for some reason people besides blood hound can still see me running away, or in cases of flanking they can still see my aproach from a distance even if I am "invisible". This sometimes makes him "unusable" in my opinion, I feel like I'm at a disadvantage even when I use my alt. What I would like to see happen first is make his where the clone still dies, but 3 other cloaked clones start crawling around in different directions, also make his cloaking during his passive last longer. Second I'd like to see some changes to his tactical ability, currently all they do is run in a straight line with no weapons out and just stand their like an idiot when they hit something solid. We are not playing agsint bots so people do not fall for this easily. I suggest his holograms automatically slide down hills and clamber objects to get to their set destination, after reaching set destination I'd suggest an animation is added to make them look like their aiming around looking for an enemy. Third which is my biggest complaint, would be his alt. I would suggest that they make it last longer, make all the decoy holograms go run out in different directions, doing different things. Not only that make 3 other separate holograms that are also cloaked run in different directions. And last the one thing I dread the most is the fact that his cloaking is useless. My suggestion for this is to make him alot more invisible than he currently is. I dont mind when blood hound is able to spot me because that's the point of his character, but every other legend can just look around real quick see the plain outline of a guy running around distorting the land around him. If I had to use his own ingame lore for this I'd like to mention that his cloaking technology was made custom by the creator of the cloaking/decoy technology made for pilots in titan fall. I would for sure think that he should have the best of the best cloaking technology out there.

Message 6 of 13 (1,650 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Totally agree, except particles and glow see only you and your teammates, the enemy doesn't see them.

But about 2 and 3, boy, I thought his abilities were really cool, just right before I saw an enemy mirage, damn, his abilities except for Q are so pathetic, this "invisibility" or whatever needs to be fixed, you can look at the trailer "Meet Mirage" when he uses his ult, he is kinda blurred but totally transparent, what we see in game, white mirage with 50% opacity, that's a joke, especially a joke is his passive.

This worked only first maybe several days, now everyone knows how Mirage works, and when you've been downed and the enemy didn't shoot you right away, don't worry he is just looking for your teammates before killing you.

Needs rework ASAP, after stability fixes. 

Message 7 of 13 (1,519 Views)

★ Guide
As mentioned the particle trail is only for squad mates and the decoy will do whatever you were doing when you released it (crouching, running, flying).

With the ult if the decoys drop off a ledge (even a small one, I haven't tried it but maybe jumping would do the same?) they will run forward.

The passive is pretty useless but TBH I think his tactical ability more than makes up for it and the so-so ult.
Message 8 of 13 (1,499 Views)

★ Guide
Mirage is blurred/transparent because he is not invisible, he is cloaked, and he follows all the same mechanics of cloaking that were present in both Titanfall games so I have no issue with how they function. With the tactical decoy you are given a fair amount of control with it as it copies the action you were doing once triggered. Also Grrizz is right, if you use his Ult and some/all the decoy drop off a ledge they will run forward, however trying to trigger this action by jumping does not work
Message 9 of 13 (1,447 Views)

★★ Guide

Most of you are completely right. But it feels like Mirage should be able to attack while in stealth and become fully visible as he decides to attack.

Message 10 of 13 (1,444 Views)