Re: Mirage buff, to much or just right?

by xMaxrayx

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Champion

@pastaclown  Honestly dude I think the audio has been better since I've been back.

There's certainly still some problems with it but the fact that this KC is so quiet in terms of ambient audio is probably a key factor in this.

I have noticed that fuse knuckle cluster is insanely loud however and that causes some audio drop out issues. Pathfinder seems to have become a silent killer again and bangalores double time seems to consistently remove her footstep audio.

Definitely a long way to go still though.

Back to the OP though,

@DarthValtrex  should a hologram even have footsteps? XD Asides from that I'm for the buff, mirage was basically just a noob slayer as they don't know what to look for, he's now far more useful and the fact that seasoned players can be tricked by him is a testament to that.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 11 of 20 (368 Views)

@MandatoryIDtag True, I'll be interested to see how it goes long term. Horizon is the big silent killer there is something about her in which she becomes silent.

The odd thing I'm not seeing many Horizon mains this season, not nearly as frequently as last. perhaps Fuse is the new shiny toy?

Mirage can definitely bamboozle pros now. I used it on a player who had a master trail and he had no idea where I was. He started spraying the holo's..

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 12 of 20 (361 Views)

Champion
@DarthValtrex The real mirage as a slight blue glow from those things on his arm. Up close I cant tell. Further away that is what you have to see. You can also see the blue things when he is rezing.
Message 13 of 20 (343 Views)

Champion
@MandatoryIDtag Best sound? Nah no way. Certain sounds have been ridiculously loud since the start of the season.

Horizon is the silent killer. When she comes up from behind or the side with her tactical she doesnt make a sound. It is why she is so successful right now.
Message 14 of 20 (339 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@hayhor what? I said its been better. Which it  has lol.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 15 of 20 (331 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@DarthValtrex Foot steps audio on decoys is a complete joke and lack of respect to the playerbase when you have a game with massive audio problems. You can't hear footsteps from people running 5 meters away from you but now you hear the decoy's footsteps. This is a disaster and they are shooting themselves in the head not in the foot if they keep adding stuff like this. Let me mention the fact that fuse's q is so loud it makes you wanna throw your headset in a fury. Also the sound of the repeater it is incredibly loud and annoying.
Message 16 of 20 (314 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Mirage was/is one of the weakest legends I heard, also by the opinion of many youtubers and he is not really used in ranked as pro players have no problem detecting the decoys and except that he has no real team benefits..

I was flamed once a while by people when I choose mirage and they asked why I choose him as he is so bad -.-

Thats a pity for me as I really like him Frown

In my opinion he should be buffed even more maybe the decoys should not mirror his movements, they should be rather be controlled by a superior AI, so they act like a real player and also if they still mirror Mirages movements the decoys should also do the shooting animation when Mirage shoots together with muzzle flash.. maybe the bullet line should also be visible in the air..

An other way could be that he is 1 second more invisible when he is doing his ultimate or maybe even 1-2 seconds invisibility when doing his tactical? 

Whatever, Mirage has to get stronger to be used competitively in ranked, he was/is fun to play but mostly against not so experienced players I guess :/

Message 17 of 20 (310 Views)

Hero
@DarthValtrex Ive not had too many issues with seeing which mirage is which. Still kinda the same as last season for me being able to track the correct one before ult engaged.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 18 of 20 (287 Views)

★ Pro
@Tad844 source engine is midcore with sound and bad with Z axis that's why Horizon is buggy
Message 19 of 20 (249 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DarthValtrex I hate the fact that in a game where footsteps audio is so important and even that does not work properly, they added ability that messes with auditory perception.
Message 20 of 20 (233 Views)