Mirage Buff Discussion

by bob123321bam

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mirage Buff Discussion

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

This is a thread to debate if you think mirage is viable now. 

Message 1 of 12 (575 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mirage "Buff"

★★ Apprentice

Yes he is I bamboozled so many people last night it was hilarious, had a 3rd party try and wipe us last night at which point we layed down the smoke and I ulted they was so busy unloading on my decoys that we mopped the floor with them before they could even reload. Funny part was we just finished a squad so was all low health and they knew it, I wish we had proxy chat then.

View in thread

Message 5 of 12 (556 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice

I believe he is still not very viable. The ultimate and passive are great, being able to become invisible while ressing gives Lifeline a run for her money but the tactical seems underwhelming. Why send out a decoy, even if you can control it, when Crypto can easily use his to drone to spot all squads in the area. When mirage sends his decoy out there's only a small chance people will notice it and fire upon it. By the time someone shoots the decoy you probably already spotted them so knowing their location is pointless. Crypto, on the other hand, is much more viable since you can see the squads in your area on the banners then easily find them. Mirage is as horrible as he once was but I still think the devs could sweeten the deal. 

Message 2 of 12 (567 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It would also be cool to make his decoys and ultimate look like other legends, not just Mirage. 

Message 3 of 12 (564 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@bob123321bam The trick is to pop a decoy right next to you, hit the Control Decoy button, and hey presto, you have a 50% chance the enemy will shoot at your decoy instead of you, because you both move the same. Pulled off a few good ones yesterday, but Crypto is still not fooled, as you say....
Message 4 of 12 (559 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yes he is I bamboozled so many people last night it was hilarious, had a 3rd party try and wipe us last night at which point we layed down the smoke and I ulted they was so busy unloading on my decoys that we mopped the floor with them before they could even reload. Funny part was we just finished a squad so was all low health and they knew it, I wish we had proxy chat then.

Message 5 of 12 (557 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EryxApex Yes but 50% isn't something you'd put your life on. Bloodhound and Crypto aren't fooled. I can see how people may use him ut I'm wondering if he feels as viable as crypto and bloodhound. 

Message 6 of 12 (551 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@MikwinN11 Doesn't his invisibility go away once you shoot?

Message 7 of 12 (543 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@bob123321bam He is very much viable now. Sounds like what you want is for them to make him OP, not just viable.
Message 8 of 12 (492 Views)

Champion
@bob123321bam He is very viable now. Yes there are characters that can see him but that is part of character selection. Not every enemy has a crypto or bloodhound. If they do, maybe you play them differently.

It is like saying do not pick Caustic because the other team has a Caustic and he can go through your gas.

The buffs are perfect based on playing a couple hours last night. He is viable but not OP which is what we want.
Message 9 of 12 (481 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I would like the invisibility back. Then I think he would be great.

Message 10 of 12 (453 Views)