Re: Mirage Bamboozled buff

by denial1877777

Original Post

Mirage Bamboozled buff

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I feel like over the time many players have figure it  out mirages bamboozled to the point where it's not even effective anymore

I feel like an easy fix for this will be instead of Mirage sending out a decoy of himself he sends out a random decoy as any character in the game this way no one will actually know if it's a decoy or not 

And we'll make him more mysterious and keep that roll of a mystical character.  And if   a random Legend in the game is to OP then mybe he can just send out a random Legend in his party ....But if singles where to ever be a thing g for Apex Legends then he will for sure need to random every Legend.

Message 1 of 7 (711 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hi @DarkDraw6554, welcome to the forums!

I like your suggestion for Mirage. It sort of turns his decoy into a mimic. Although it's a great idea I'm not sure if it going to be better for combat. I actually find the decoy is quite useful as long as I'm sneaky about deploying it. I love your idea of a mimic, though.

Good luck with your decoys!

Message 2 of 7 (657 Views)

★★★ Guide
There's nothing wrong with the decoy, it all comes down on how you use it.

If you're going to use it when fired upon it won't do you any good as it's easily to pick the decoy apart from the real player.

It's best used to draw out enemy positions.
Message 3 of 7 (634 Views)

I agree that Mirage needs some buff, especially on his ultimate and passive. His tactical (Q-ability) is pretty good. Here are some tips you can try to make your decoys more effectively:

• Only activate the decoy (tactical) when the enemy cannot see you. For example: from behind cover
  • If your decoy is shot from an enemy, you see their position for a brief period of time. Teammates can see this too.
  • Decoys will activate the gas traps of caustic, also revealing his position.
  • Sending your decoys into thermite grenades will also reveal the position of the enemy
  • You can send your decoy over a small obstacle by jumping and activating the tactical ability.
  • If you slide, your decoy will slide too. Makes it harder to distinguish between you and the decoy.

I literally use his ultimate just to get somewhere faster. Players can still see you once you are cloaked and you cannot shoot or deactivate the ability. Makes you a sitting duck. I would like to see a change, maybe make the 9 decoys run around while you are NOT cloaked. Maybe make the decoys take forms of your team members as well.

As for his passive, I am not sure how that should be buffed. Good enemy players know that once you defeat mirage you need to find the semi-cloaked mirage on the ground somewhere. The escape barely happens... Also, the passive feels weak because it can literally only be used once you are down, instead of giving you a better chance in a fight.

Message 4 of 7 (630 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Easy fix and much needed:

Decoy needs HP and can actually take more then one shot to destroy. nothing else is really needed to be done, single taping mirage as been a thing from day one for me to make sure its really him.

Ultimate ability : Just needs to be 3 decoys that run with some HP and make it cancelable. 

And the transparency on the mirage should change by distance. further you are the more transparent he is

Message 5 of 7 (596 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't think the decoys should have any HP at all seeing that they aren't real.....They are just projections...He isn't making physical clones

Message 6 of 7 (579 Views)

★ Guide
But a bullet going through a projection wouldn't destroy it either? It should be time based
Message 7 of 7 (561 Views)