Re: Minimap zoom issue

by yungknives

Original Post

Minimap zoom issue

★★ Novice

Hi there,

I want to adress an issue I see in this game since the release: The manual ingame zoom (key: zoom minimap). Depending on the map/map size/gamemode I use different zooms. The problem is, that it gets reset everytime you die, re-spawn, or get revived and this is driving me insane. Every BF I played before this was not the case. You could adjust it once at the beginning of the round and that's it. Why doesn't it suddenly work this way in BF5 anymore? I died countless times because I was about to adjust the minimap... I'm practically using the "zoom minimap"-key permanently to be able to see things on the minimap. You spawn - start adjusting the minimap. You get rivived - start adjusting the minimap. It may seem irrelevant to some people but this absolutely ***** up my gaming experience. Isn't it possible to fix this?

Best regards, schkwiksch

Message 1 of 6 (2,032 Views)

Hello @schkwiksch

Adjust your Minimap size on size you want and also set your 'On foot radius' little bit higher.. Standard smile
_______________________ EA AHQ_______________________

- Is my answer helpful.? -> Please grant + XP
- If my post solved your problem or answered your question. -> Please Accept as Solution.
- BF1 & BFV DICE FRIEND - WindowsManTv_CZE || Twitter: WindowsManTv

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 2 of 6 (2,007 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey WindowsManTv_CZE,

thx for the answer but it does not help unfortunately. I'm talking about the "zoom minimap" function and not the basic setting for the minimap. I have adjusted every minimap zoom radius in the gameplay menu and the minimap size, but that has nothing to do with the problem mentioned. That are the basic setting which are adjusted depending on map and gamemode via the "zoom minimap" key.

Message 3 of 6 (1,978 Views)

Community Manager

@schkwiksch 

I can see how that can throw off your game a bit. We'll see what we can do to get this raised up, I suppose in the meantime my best advice to trust your battle instincts a little more and rely less on battlefield tech. I know when I've taken my eyes off the middle of the screen to look at some other part of the UI it's gotten me killed before, it happens. Frown

Thanks for raising this!

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 6 (1,929 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the answer. I'm just wondering because I like and used this mechanics a lot in the earlier BF Games where it works just fine. In BF5 the "zoom minimap" key now kind of  lost it's purpose and is more bothering than helping because of this.

Message 5 of 6 (1,914 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Didn’t know this was an issue thanks for the heads up I’m gonna try n see if I can resolve this issue for you 

Message 6 of 6 (1,883 Views)