Re: Mind if I ask what's the motive behind inventory changes?

by Bestburrito4u

Original Post

Mind if I ask what's the motive behind inventory changes?

I can some what understand the nades, you don't want people to spam them, fine.. I won't carry any nades not enough room in inventory for it now.

What I do not understand, the heals it makes almost no sense at all. So you can carry 2 Batteries in one slot which is enough for 2 full recharges of the shield, yet cells you can only carry 4 in one inventory slot?! Enough to repair shields to full one time. How does this make sense?

Now the syringes and med kits are essentially the same story. Toss in that it's faster to pop 1 med kit and 1 battery then it is to pop 4 shield cells and 2-3 syringes. I just don't understand the logic behind this.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 1 of 18 (708 Views)

Champion
@DarthValtrex Agree on this. Last night in pubs(new mode seemed to be filled with complete weirdos) I seemed to have good luck finding better backpacks, which allowed me to carry my usual assortment of grenades as I carried less ammo. The only issue I had was I ran out of shield cells multiple times. It seems medkits and batteries are now the holy grail.
Message 2 of 18 (647 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Seems to me that they're  trying to negate the usual stalemate in combat where teams are bunkered down with enough heals to drag a fight out for 5 minutes plus.

A possible 3rd party limiting attempt i suppose? Shorter fights equate to lower odds of a third party scenario.

It also generally increases the pace of play, it seems weird but i'm in favour of it personally.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 18 (627 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@MandatoryIDtag am with you and Darth at the same time , yesterday was very weird Apex day specially with the very slow theme music don't know why felt very negative haha
Message 4 of 18 (613 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@DarthValtrex 

my guess with the syringes / med kits is because people were still getting out of the 3rd ring alive. Maybe this is respawns way of saying to stop it ?

I wouldn't be suprised if respawn adds more damage to the ring, if the reduction of med kits and syringes doesn't work out.

That's my guess at least.

Message 5 of 18 (609 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Well.. on the flipside you can now carry hella phoenix kits with a gold body shield.

Untill they again decide to micromanage player behavior by making kits occupy 2 bag slots. And round and round it goes.

Message 6 of 18 (596 Views)

★★★ Guide

After playing today I can say.... 

I don't like the nee inventory system. 

It's bad for business and make 0 sense.  

To adjust I'm carrying less amo. The problem is that they reduce the amo as well 80 to 60 :/ 

On a larger scale the 2 slots for 8 cells instead 0f 12 :/ 

Lossing 4 cells. Really bad. 

If you have problems with made spamming.  Just reduce nades per slot. 1 instead of 2. Why complicate everything?

if you already went through all that and you want to balance this horrible meta changing move. Give us 100 rounds of amo instead of 60/80. 4 slots of amo 6 slots of meds 2 nades. 200 rounds havey and light. 

Shotguns I'm good with 1 slot = 16 sniper takes 2 slots as well = 40. 

Now I'm being forced to carry 8 syringes.  Normally I only carry 6. I'm forced to cary only 8 cells normally I carry 12. Unfortunately I only carry 2 med kits.  Still stacking bats up to 6. Never cared about nades. Btw. Nade spamming in end game wouldn't change.  Final 2 or even 3 I don't need all those meds and amo. Just dump half your inventory and switch it for nades. So this change is not going to achieve it's goal regardless.  

Message 7 of 18 (594 Views)

★★★ Expert

All to solve a "problem" not a single player ever considered a problem in the first place.

Message 8 of 18 (580 Views)

Champion
@Bestburrito4u What you said about the end of a game is correct. If I have time I'll drop most of what I have for grenades.
Message 9 of 18 (571 Views)

Champion
@Wingmannedbro Totally agree.
Message 10 of 18 (570 Views)