Re: Messed up controlls?

by BLVD69

Original Post

Messed up controlls?

★★ Novice

So for some reason this game thinks A is B and X is Y and that the "Map"/Back button that is on the left of the center icon of the gamepad is nothing at all.

I havent had this issue with any of the other need for speeds but the buttons are just a mess on this one.

Im using a "Speedlink TORID wireless gamepad". Anyone else had similar issues with their gamepad? Kind of annoying since for whatever reason you can't change it.

Message 1 of 7 (644 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@MisterMan1ac Sorry for my late response. I had to make a new account since my other account got banned! (Thanks EA!) This controller is used for PS3 and PC. For PC there are 2 modes regular and Xinput. Xinput is a method used to emulate an xbox 360 controller on your PC. In order to use this. Hold down the Speedlink button in the middle for a few seconds till it blinks, let go of the button and wait.
Message 2 of 7 (605 Views)

★★ Novice

Really?
So all i have to do for the game to fix itself and recognize all buttons as they should is simply to hold down the large middle button until starts blinking and then i simply let go?

I'll have to try that once im back home on my PC. I'll get back to you with results in a few days.

Message 3 of 7 (576 Views)

★ Pro
@MisterMan1ac did it work? I want to know cause I have the same controller and for me everything works fine.
Message 4 of 7 (467 Views)

★★ Expert

@MisterMan1ac 

Game controllers set up is the worst for a racing game.

Months of thread complaints from our community and

EA just sits on their hands along with the Devs who seem to fail to address it.

You're not alone in your controller issues.

Many of us have been frustrated with the Devs and EA for not addressing this basic set up for controllers.

So many of us have walked away already.

Wishing you all the best in playing this NFS heat game it's still dealing with issues.

Have a great weekend.

Message 5 of 7 (441 Views)

★ Pro
@BLVD69 Yeah I am also disappointed that you can't even remap the buttons. The irony is that some buttons serve multiple functions at the same time. Like the hold delay for bribing cops and entering garage they had patched. Just lazy work on fixing the problems instead of giving the players more options.
Message 6 of 7 (415 Views)

★★ Expert

@Sjonny30 

Hello, and yeah exactly your right Ghost Studios Built one mess of a game!

So many of us within this community have lost trust in EA and Ghost to do things right anymore.

I can only hope controller issues will get a fix for the next game that comes out.

Things will have to be perfect on day one or I'm not dropping a dime on whatever the new game is going to be.

Take care to have a great day.

Message 7 of 7 (400 Views)