Re: Message for any Players Relying on Aimbot

by DavidW74

Original Post

Message for any Players Relying on Aimbot

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I don't care about being wrong about this. Gold ranked games are 1. too fast in the beginning 2. people know your location way too easily (since this started- this is the main one. It's too easy to test by crouching behind cover and staying still, eventually some suspect will start tossing nades and don't forget the pre-fire.) 3. I really think a lot are just trying to cheat as much as they can since the news. It makes perfect sense, botters are terrified they won't be able to get past silver using their own hands- so they're taking advantage. I think they'll be fine, they just need to try! So many new accounts from bronze in gold, that's a clear indicator right now, tilted crosshairs getting sniper shots.

For an example, camping for 'objectives' is just changing the dynamics of Apex. I can kinda see the strategy in waiting in the inner circle, but never while using these massive advantages. 1. In a house in the inner circle, you know exactly which house to stay in because you have walls. 2. Out in the open, you know exactly who to third party and it's usually really obvious. These huge advantages remove any brain power from the game, you can just hop into a house and look at names on your screen. I'm really not against that strategy, but without walls, you have to figure out the right time to go into the house or .. which house to stay in .. for how long .. look around more.. etc. Plan some moves. That's just always been my pet peeve about it.

Or when your teammate makes a last ditch effort for your banner and 3 people barrage him with fire at the same time. This was really popular in season 1. They're just waiting for the pickup and watching the whole time through walls and tag you at the last second so they seem LESS obvious. I mean, it was the same last season but I really thought that would have changed a bit, this is a multiplayer fps- it will not work if everyone has the same, relative accuracy down-sight, idc if it doesn't 'hit everytime.'

You must be tired of making new accounts, so I'm asking for some change here. There's a thousand websites to practice your aim, then you can showoff in-game. It's a better feeling than completely depending on a program, there's a time and place for that- like microwaves. I know you all know this, but it's just a friendly reminder. Whether you started 'cause everyone else did', or what have you.. it's ok to make mistakes, just don't keep making the same ones- that is just stubbornness.

Message 1 of 7 (462 Views)

★★ Pro

@7cyanide wrote:

You must be tired of making new accounts

Or they haven't been banned....Thinking

Message 2 of 7 (434 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I think they did a ban wave a few days ago.  I had one night of solid games.  The night before the ban wave I was getting downed in seconds and it only took a day before it was that way again.  Amazing the difference a ban wave makes.  HUGE IMPROVEMENT!  And then you see the crap your describing and there back.  In fact, it's frustrating because there are so many of them they are also randomly on my team.  At Gold 1 you can't make rookie mistakes and they get our team in trouble time and time again because of there overconfidence in there hacks.  When this happens I'm often forced to run solo and simply report them.  It's an infestation that's ruining the game.  I would speculate that it also one of the major causes of all the try-hard camping.  When your down in two seconds every time you put your head up, you tend to keep your head down.  If we did not have all the hackers the meta would probably be a little less campy.  I for one have a lot more confidence when I recognize the ban wave, time to play!  When you have several "hacker shrouds"  littered in every game you are forced to play ultra tryhard.  

Message 3 of 7 (433 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@DavidW74
"it's frustrating because there are so many of them they are also randomly on my team, when this happens I'm often forced to run solo and simply report them. It's an infestation that's ruining the game. I would speculate that it also one of the major causes of all the try-hard camping."

"I for one have a lot more confidence when I recognize the ban wave, time to play! When you have several "hacker shrouds" littered in every game you are forced to play ultra tryhard."

Couldn't have summed it up better, +1 .. it's an interesting journey for sure ... but I believe the potential / quality of this game is simply a stronger force than man's desire to use aimbot in it. Believe me there's a bigger crowd waiting to see what Apex is all about

Message 4 of 7 (417 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@DavidW74
I am not sure about how many cheaters get banned. I believe some cheaters get banned, but, since cheaters pay a monthly/weekly subscription fee for their cheats they may be notified to stay away from their cheats until they have been adjusted to the new changes.
Generally the ones that get easily banned are the "kids or unaware cheaters" who download free cheats. These cheats are free for a reason, because they are done being useful --at least IMO.

If a person cares about playing well and trying to improve, then cheating is a huge issue. I think that a reason for that being an issue is loss of confidence in one's ability. A player would not be 100% sure that the loss incurred is due to a difference in skills from which a player may learn something, or he lost because the opponent is cheating.

As a consequence, at least in my case, but I believe others as well, I am reluctant to consider educational any feedback based on a doubtful situation --I do not want to get proficient at identifying cheaters, I want to improve at the game. Therefore, cheaters steal from people like me the enjoyment of learning and getting better, leaving players like me to frustration and to play Apex increasingly less.

The anti-cheat is clearly not doing enough in my opinion.

Message 5 of 7 (306 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@HopesKunaiI feel you! I reinstalled the game yesterday as part of some troubleshooting I had been doing to alleviate the horrible netcode this game has and it is odd how SO many people just have crack snap aim without any care of recoil adjustment.

You would think someone cheating would have a reason, I got one win on a hackers team and he failed to give me a reason as to why he was doing it. I wasn't even playing. We were casually talking to begin the match and after he wiped the first squad solo in the speed he did it was clear he was using aimbot.. He then proceeded to leave me and the other squadmate chasing to keep up with him wiping squad after squad on the way to victory. When I point blank asked him why he was doing in a calm manner but he didn't talk the rest of the game after I called it out on him. He sounded like a grown adult to which was sad to me. I usually only envision some pimple faced teen doing this sort of thing.

In any case Netcode and cheaters need something done otherwise this game is just a joke. Time killer and nothing more.

Message 6 of 7 (274 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@GRiPSViGiL Sounds like almost every solo match for me. They never have a clue why they're cheating- best I've gotten is, 'cause its fun.' in a non-convincing voice. I cannot believe that for a second.

Ranked players that use cheats that do pretty well against others through abusing their positions, are turning the game into a camp fiesta. Truly starting to feel like when I started with br's like Ring of Elysium and Pub G... that should be a really bad sign for Apex. Good changes have been set in place for us to have fast paced games, but the players' play style changes everything. I think the intensity of the new ring is a great thing and some waiting and pushing is great that comes from it, I can only assume it's mostly cheaters that have been complaining about it.

What isn't ok is when blatant cheaters will literally camp on a roof, wait until he sees you go over to your teammate to revive- THROUGH WALLS, and then rush over to take you both out. I'm sorry, but that's piteous.. this is ok I guess if you're not cheating and I'm fine with chasing you over rooftops if you're not cheating- but you all catch my drift... otherwise I have to run this equation in my head, "is he cheating? does he know my position? oh crap I have to play safe. is his squad cheating? oh crap I have to really play safe." It gets old pretty fast.. fool me once season 1 Sleepy

Let's focus and improve together people, great leaders shine their light even in the darkest places, even if they stand alone, your unpopular opinion resides with many. You don't NEED your cheats at ALL! Using cheats to make people mad or ... get a couple better ranks ... is a REALLY bad reason to use cheats. Get a rank you're happy with using your own skill; you might need to practice in normals for awhile- so what? Make a stand in your discords and try Apex out the way it was meant to be played for good, each time you play it. And remember that we are your friends here, I don't dislike anyone just cause they use cheats, I just hate cheats themselves, big difference.

Maybe we're a bit early but as the Apex community, we can help expedite the process instead of hurt it, move past it already Heart

Message 7 of 7 (258 Views)