Melee button change controller

by xLegitUnicorn

Original Post

Melee button change controller

★ Novice

Just wanna recommend a option to remove the melee button on controller. Can't tell you how many times I've pressed it by accident and lost a 1-on-1 from it. A lot of games have trouble optimizing controls on controller and I don't want this game to be another one of those (especially in regards to the options we get for changing them) 

Message 1 of 7 (4,995 Views)

Re: Melee button change controller

★★★ Newbie

Easy fix. Don't press it by accident.

Message 2 of 7 (4,983 Views)

★ Guide
you can change the controller layout in the settings menu and choose the button Puncher configuration to put melee on B rather than stick
Message 3 of 7 (4,982 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
But b is slide so thats stupid.. Need to be able to remove melee altogether not swap it.. I never use melee but always end up clicking the toggle accidently in a tense firefight which is pretty frustrating to say the least.
Message 4 of 7 (4,925 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
That's just a troll answer
Message 5 of 7 (4,924 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

That's not a troll answer, when you put melee as B it makes the stick crouch/slide. So if you're in a fire fight and hit the toggle inadvertently you'll crouch but be able to keep shooting. Does that not solve the problem of melee stopping your shooting?

Message 6 of 7 (4,915 Views)

★ Apprentice

Frankly, I must agree with JoeTheSho, switching the melee and crouch buttons are the best thing that has ever happened to my apex experience!  It’s brilliant!  I went from losing fights by accidentally punching to winning fights by accidentally crouching!  It’s brilliant.  Way better than removing melee all together, because I can’t tell you how many times I have dropped, lost the race to a weapon with an enemy, and punched them out to death and taking the weapon from their death box.  It’s a very satisfying feeling.  So also is the great feeling you get from emptying a magazine, and then ending your opponent with a single punch as opposed to switching weapons or reloading.  The melee is a very important component to the game- I wouldn’t disable it.  I’d just learn a button layout that yields greater success.

@JoeTheSho wrote:

That's not a troll answer, when you put melee as B it makes the stick crouch/slide. So if you're in a fire fight and hit the toggle inadvertently you'll crouch but be able to keep shooting. Does that not solve the problem of melee stopping your shooting?

Message 7 of 7 (1,343 Views)