Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Megathread - PVP

by EA_Cade

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Respond Here If You Don't Want PVP To Ruin Anthem

★★★ Guide
Not every game needs PvP. This is one that does not. Please BioWare, stick to what you're good at, and build an awesome PvE game.
Message 50 of 418 (187 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

There are enough pvp games out there it's not needed here' once they introduce pvp then the trouble starts with nerfs and balancing to try and get all the javelins pretty equal in terms of dmg output and scaling' Then when that happens they have less time to work on the good stuff like ingame story/stronholds so please no pvp if you want pvp then go play a plethora of pvp orientated games that are already out there' Also with pvp comes the toxicity from a community that is not needed here..

Message 51 of 418 (245 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice
not sure how it will ruin the game, PvP keeps a game alive. I want PvP at some point but it shouldn't affect the PvE part of the game.
Message 52 of 418 (242 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

If I want to pvp I play a game designed around pvp. There are LOADS out there already.

The main reason I don't play those games much anymore is because of the toxicity that usually overflow is those games/communites.  And so the main reason I don't want pvp in anthem is to not attract those kinds of players..  Not saying all pvpers are toxic, but from my experience the majority of them are, more or less. 

I also would prefer if Bioware put it's resources into more pve content instead of trying to half-* both. 

Message 53 of 418 (221 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Hoorah. Gears of war horde mode and Mass effect 3 multiplayer on platinum have been some of the most amazing online experiences I Hv ever had gaming.

There is nothing like working together with 4-5 ppl to hold the line against an ever increasing chance u could get wiped out.

ME3 hit the nail on the head.I love Bioware  version of multi-player. Co-op to win. Not every game needs PVP.

Halo PVP is great I'll play that when I want pvp.

But I want Anthem and I'm cool with Co-op multi-player.

Strong alone. Stronger together.

Message 54 of 418 (213 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

@jimgemm it's not the same people who actually do story, maps, netcode, balancing, etc it's a different professions and different people who can actually work simultaneously on different things

Message 55 of 418 (202 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@LeonJAnderson wrote:

Hoorah. Gears of war horde mode and Mass effect 3 multiplayer on platinum have been some of the most amazing online experiences I Hv ever had gaming.

There is nothing like working together with 4-5 ppl to hold the line against an ever increasing chance u could get wiped out.

ME3 hit the nail on the head.I love Bioware  version of multi-player. Co-op to win. Not every game needs PVP.

Halo PVP is great I'll play that when I want pvp.

But I want Anthem and I'm cool with Co-op multi-player.

Strong alone. Stronger together.

Exactly!  Every single game doesn't need to have PVP.  There's ways to play online with others that don't involve shooting them in the face.  What story element in the world of Anthem says there's a place to go and have Freelancers kill other Freelancers.  Division ruined a good co-op experience and turned it into just another PVP game.  Won't be buying the Division 2.  I'd much rather exploring the world of Anthem with my friends.

Message 56 of 418 (194 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

55/50000 players don't want PvP in this game. LOL

Message 57 of 418 (189 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@oselabum wrote:

55/50000 players don't want PvP in this game. LOL

You'd be surprised; I've played with and talked to a bunch of people who stopped playing Division because of the PVP.  I bet Anthem will outsell and do way better than Division 2.  That game won't get back all the original audience because of the focus on PVP.

Message 58 of 418 (179 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide
its pathetic that this is still being discussed. ea should have come out and said flatly "there will never be pvp in anthem" by now.
Message 59 of 418 (173 Views)
Twitter Stream