Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Megathread - PVP

by EA_Cade

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Respond Here If You Don't Want PVP To Ruin Anthem

★★★ Novice

I don't mind if they add PvP, so long as they keep adding PvE content and keep PvE balancing separate from PvP balancing. Destiny did not separate the two and that was a huge headscratcher. But given Bethesda's history with other games I kind of doubt they'll consider adding it unless tons and tons of people ask for it. 

Message 40 of 418 (223 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide
Personally I don't even want it to so much as even be a thought bubble to anyone who has control of this games development and future. Just take that idea, find the nearest titan, not lessor, actual titan, and put it in his pathway. Find the nearest window, and use the thought for pitching practice. I don't want it, it's people wanting nerfs, its impact on PvE systems or the laziness it causes in game developers. Anthem needs hit with a 100% effective PvP vaccine.
Message 41 of 418 (257 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice
No PvP! Then the game becomes about how to balance it for PvP stuffing over PvE like it ways dose it this type of game.

You know why Rainbow Six Siege is so good because the developers said let’s make a pvp game and make it about pvp.

You know why mass effect 3 and it’s wildly fun multiplayer worked because the dev made a pve game with multiplayer it was still about pve.
Message 42 of 418 (247 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

No PVP, but I would LOVE a sorta pvpve type mode where 4 freelancers enter, in teams of TWO, and try to kill as many enemies as possible. Team with the most kills wins.

Message 43 of 418 (244 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice
I would like to see in the future PvPvE.
Something like the gambit in D2.
Message 44 of 418 (234 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice
I loved the dark zone in the division. I didn't mind crucible in destiny.

However i don't believe this game is built to have PVP in it at all. There are lock abilities that I don't see working well in this game.

As someone that really wants this game to do well, i could see there being a PVP arena style instance as long as it doesn't affact item levels and javelin power and end game rankings (ive read there will be some sort of ranking system).

Like i said this game isn't built for PVP but to please all if it was some sort of arena area, away from the main content of the game, it could work i guess.

It's a tricky one.

I honestly don't see this happening though.
Message 45 of 418 (223 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

PVP invariably means retooling and re-balancing. It will never be beneficial for this game.

No PVP.

Message 46 of 418 (210 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

Keep that * out!!!! pvp these days is a true * show..

destiny has been DESTROYEEEED by it.. don't you dare say it's doing good at this moment. DESTINY HAD MILLIONS OF players during destiny first 2 years, each day.

destiny 2 not at all

Message 47 of 418 (201 Views)
Highlighted

If it was separate, gated and not affecting PVE, fine in theory, but even that would deflect resources and focus from the proper game. So on balance, I support 'no'...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 48 of 418 (197 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

As long as the PvP doesn't affect PvE systems I'm OK with it.

Unfortunatelly in most cases they do affect, and it's a pain!

So to me, If they can make something totally separated from PvE I would love it, If not, keep it 100% PvE and I'll be glad with it.

Message 49 of 418 (194 Views)
Twitter Stream