Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Megathread - PVP

by EA_Cade

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Megathread - PVP

★★ Apprentice

I haven't read every post in this long thread, but I am firmly in the camp of NO introduction to PVP in Anthem at any point.  I definitely favor PvE content/games and have been really looking forward to Anthem being strictly focused on PvE (among many other things!).  It's not that I am all anti-pvp... I just prefer other games for it, like Destiny Iorn Banner or Gambit or something once in awhile, when I'm in the mood (rarely).  

For all the people that want pvp in in Anthem... it would CLEARLY change the fundamental nature of the Javelins and the gameplay in PvE arenas for the WORSE... Bungie and other games having to constantly tweak/nerf PvE aspects of a game to satiate the PvP beast is always most unfortunate..(take a look at the warlock nova warp NERF in Destiny)

and GO PLAY APEX LEGENDS IF YOU WANT PVP.  There are plenty of pvp only games.. and I am grateful that Anthem is PvE only Standard smile

Message 411 of 418 (202 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Respond Here If You Don't Want PVP To Ruin Anthem

★★★ Apprentice

I could see different "defend, or horde modes" be done but not pvp. Pvp just doesn't make sense with the gameplay and style. 

Message 412 of 418 (224 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

@NeoNaver wrote:

Speaking from experience, PvP'lers are a fickle bunch. They stay only as long as it's fun and they can feel uber. They complain the loudest about any advantages one Suit has over another, and demand constant rebalancing & counters at that. They are also often the most toxic part of a community. I wish Bioware won't open that Pandora's box.

Wow, that has to be one of the most concise and well written descriptions of the basic problem w. PvP based gameplay I've ever read.

They do tend to complain... very loudly when things aren't going their way. Like babies with their binkys plucked out... Wink

No thanks! Just say No to PVP.

Let's do Anthem with teamwork and cooperation. Like the "stronger together" mantra. 

See everyone in the sky!

Message 413 of 418 (208 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
How about just a game mode where there are objectives to do, but teams that try to clear them. Instead of killing other players if Team A completes something they can send a big boss or something to distract Team B.

Much like destiny 2s mode but without pvp.

I would still love some pvp though Standard smile
Message 414 of 418 (207 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

i kinda want some pvp mixed in also, if end game gets boring has somethign to do

maybe with templates on caracters or soemthing, to not have to balance pve for pvp, that i am against ofc

Message 415 of 418 (196 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

@Rit_the_Pally wrote:

I could see different "defend, or horde modes" be done but not pvp. Pvp just doesn't make sense with the gameplay and style. 

Halo used to have a mode called FIREFIGHT with limitless waves of harder and harder NPC enemies. It was AWESOME, and a real challenge.

Anyone else remember the Lone Wolf at the end of REACH? That was some of the most fun I've ever had with a video game.

It would be fantastic if Anthem released a horde mode of some kind you could play solo or with companions... rather than puzzle-stupid order type end game content (like Destiny Raids) - which are needlessly complex and take too long. And people get mad if other players don't know exactly what they're doing...

Just give me piles and piles of enemies to kill... Makes it really hard and challenging.  NEED MORE AMMO !!

Standard smile

Message 416 of 418 (164 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

Hey yo,

Please utilize this thread for PVP related conversation, I'll be merging the other threads here as well so you can continue any ongoing conversations.

Good luck, Freelancers

Is this even a real topic? Or just providing one spot to vent.. Wait, I understand. Disregard.

Message 417 of 418 (161 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

@ICEMAN_ANTHEM wrote:

@Rit_the_Pally wrote:

Halo used to have a mode called FIREFIGHT with limitless waves of harder and harder NPC enemies. It was AWESOME, and a real challenge.

Anyone else remember the Lone Wolf at the end of REACH? That was some of the most fun I've ever had with a video game.

It would be fantastic if Anthem released a horde mode of some kind you could play solo or with companions... rather than puzzle-stupid order type end game content (like Destiny Raids) - which are needlessly complex and take too long. And people get mad if other players don't know exactly what they're doing...

Just give me piles and piles of enemies to kill... Makes it really hard and challenging.  NEED MORE AMMO !!

Standard smile

Or both, endless waves and puzzles so we could choose. i like endless wave content in many types of games.

Endless waves could likely be a mini game outside content. Maybe a javelin simulator with a scoreboard that reset periodically (week/month) .

Message 418 of 418 (159 Views)
Twitter Stream