Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Megathread - PVP

by EA_Cade

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Respond Here If You Don't Want PVP To Ruin Anthem

★ Apprentice
Glad to see some non-salty players in a sea of 'repeat the same content forever' sea.
Message 20 of 418 (429 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

Every time I checked out a new ability or flew around in my javelin I wished there was a PVP system to this game. It'd be such an amazing thing to battle other player-driven javelins or even just to be able to have a friendly duel with another javelin.

I just imagine how difficult it'd be to shoot at a flying javelin and how much fun it would be to use these abilities against each other. I think it'd be a lot of fun to fly around while hostile ultimates and other large explosions are going off. It would just be a really spectacular and unique experience to have aerial PVP battles as humanoid characters instead of jet fighters. 

I hate how people who dislike PVP treat it like a disease that ruins a game when they could easily ignore it completely. I love PVP but don't s*** on PVE. I enjoy them both and PVP is a great way to extend content when running dungeons and doing daily quests becomes stale. They complement each other, expanding the player base and providing extra content.

Message 21 of 418 (370 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

PvP usually is a big detractor from PvE, there's a reason why so many people don't like it and don't want it. Like I said originally, look at D2, perfect example. It has killed that game, it messed up D1 hardcore as well. Apparently WoW wasn't stable for some time because of it? To implement PvP would take extra resources and that takes away from PvE prod and dev. This game wasn't developed with that in mind, it should just stay out. There's no reason for a PvP "me too" to be shoehorned in. 

Message 22 of 418 (367 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

If they added some *old school* Mortal Combat-esqe, side-scrolling platform-type pvp.  That would be awesome.  They could matchmake about 12 players and then in a 1v1 or even a 2v2 elimination mini-tournament it boils down to the final 2 and the fight can be spectated by the other 10 combatants.  The game would have to have a system where every player chooses a certain loadout but your characters Javelin and paint style would remain intact.

Message 23 of 418 (361 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I do not want PvP to ruin Anthem.

If I buy Anthem (likely but not for sure yet), and PvP is introduced, the first time PVP balancing affects a PVE feature in any way will be the sign to move on to better games. 

Message 24 of 418 (349 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Definetly dont want a pvp in anthem it will ruin what the game could be 

Message 25 of 418 (346 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
Pvp doesn't only mean massive team battles... and guess what boys? I could think of two other looter games that had pvp that didn't affect the main aspects of the game and were very successful, can you guys guess which ones? That's right! Borderlands 2 and Diablo 3. So stop thinking that pvp is a detriment kiddos.
Message 26 of 418 (334 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Like a couple people said, pvp ruins pve because they balance the abilities and gear in PVP, which really ruins the way it was designed. Then it deteriorates the players from each other in a game that has been designed from the beginning to be cooperative. Just my 2 cents.

Message 27 of 418 (333 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

I don't really care if someday there's an "arena" or something for those who really, really want PvP.  Just as long as:

( a ) It doesn't impact any development for the main game. Taking resources away from the more important stuff to satisfy the minority who would even consider entering such an arena would be... a crime. 

( b ) It has zero impact on the story/progression.  Don't need a way to beat on your fellow freelancers who are many levels behind you just to inflate your own stats.  That would poison things for me.  Trophies, vinyls, maybe some cosmetic gear exclusives, sure.  But that's it.

Message 28 of 418 (331 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

I think a game like this will either need PvP or a metric ton of content to keep it relevant and maintain a playerbase. ESO and Warframe maybe are two games that might have enough content to survive as PvE only (even though ESO has PvP too). I'm afraid this will be more like Monster Hunter World, where you're doing the same thing over and over and the population drops down to a third within a few months. I'll likely play this and the Division 2 though so I can play Division more heavily (it has several interesting PvP modes) while waiting for Anthem content. I imagine by the time Division 2 comes out I should be through most of the Anthem content. Whether or not I want to run it 1,000 times is yet to be seen. I did a lot of the Destiny 2 content just to get items I wanted for PvP. In PvE I could gun circles around most PvEers even without the best gear.

Message 29 of 418 (314 Views)
Twitter Stream