Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Megathread - PVP

by EA_Cade

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Respond Here If You Don't Want PVP To Ruin Anthem

★★★★★ Apprentice

No PVP. Balancing for it ruins the PVE experience, developing PVP areas uses money/employees who would otherwise be putting out more PVE, and PVP tends to attract the loudly toxic sorts who blast the game all over the Internet, which is the last thing any new game needs. 

Its also beyond me why getting stunlocked with auto-aim/seeking freeze abilities then detonated with finishers then hit with an explosive round sniper rifle would be “fun”. That was my storm build, and I can’t see it being enjoyable to do to people, and I certainly don’t want it happening to me. I don’t have troll tendencies though. 

Message 100 of 418 (179 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

Exactly.

Message 101 of 418 (262 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
Chipping in, no PVP pls
Message 102 of 418 (245 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

To me the fact that there will be no PvP at launch (and hopefully afterwards as well) is one of the biggest reasons to be excited for Anthem.

Please just use these ressources to improve the PvE experience!

There are plenty of games out there with more or less dedicated PvP experience. Don't shift your focus towards this.

Message 103 of 418 (233 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

I don't understand where is the problem. I really want PvP in Anthem. But agree that IT should be separated with PVE world and shouldnt has infuelnce on PvE. I see PvP like lague sysysy. If you win you get points and go up promote to higher lague. If you lose fights you lost points and go down to Play in your equip and Skills lvl. This system is very exited and get a lot of fun. If you dont want Play PVP you dont have to. That is the reason why milions players shouldnt play/buy Anthem ? Because you dont want see it ?.  Same Skills could have diferend DMG in PVE and PVP (example Black Desert ) and there is no impact in your PVE world. Personalny I want Play PVE but killing and playing just to get better equip  is borring in long time !!! If there will not appear PVP in Anthem, IT will be borring after few weeks/ months and people will leave Anthem. I personally will, and doesent metter how great PVE IT will be, because IT will start to be boring just to kill monster and get better gear, but for what ? Just to kill same monsters in higher lvl ? Sound like fallen Diablo 3. EA give us as great PVP system as passible with no impact on PvE world and everyone will be Happy. Milions players could invest in Anthem because they love PvP. Without PvP Anthem will be fallen Diablo 3, this is my opinion.

Message 104 of 418 (225 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@SERAFIN_POL wrote:

I don't understand where is the problem. I really want PvP in Anthem. But agree that IT should be separated with PVE world and shouldnt has infuelnce on PvE. I see PvP like lague sysysy. If you win you get points and go up promote to higher lague. If you lose fights you lost points and go down to Play in your equip and Skills lvl. This system is very exited and get a lot of fun. If you dont want Play PVP you dont have to. That is the reason why milions players shouldnt play/buy Anthem ? Because you dont want see it ?.  Same Skills could have diferend DMG in PVE and PVP (example Black Desert ) and there is no impact in your PVE world. Personalny I want Play PVE but killing and playing just to get better equip  is borring in long time !!! If there will not appear PVP in Anthem, IT will be borring after few weeks/ months and people will leave Anthem. I personally will, and doesent metter how great PVE IT will be, because IT will start to be boring just to kill monster and get better gear, but for what ? Just to kill same monsters in higher lvl ? Sound like fallen Diablo 3. EA give us as great PVP system as passible with no impact on PvE world and everyone will be Happy. Milions players could invest in Anthem because they love PvP. Without PvP Anthem will be fallen Diablo 3, this is my opinion.

Then what's your opinion on Monster Hunter World? Being just pure PvE & amazingly successful (even now after 1year). The players are basically just "killing monsters and get better gear" every..single...day. I'm sure there's some secret to it, right?

Message 105 of 418 (214 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Pro

@SERAFIN_POL wrote:

I get that you're passionate about PVP and believe me I am not deriding you but why would millions of players that love PVP come to a PVEcentric game to PVP given the many and varied PVPcentric games available? You make a few wild assumptions about the longevity of the game without having seen the full version, sorry but that's just sophistry imo. Having recently played the VIP demo I can honestly say that imo there is nothing else like this game out there and looking at the slice of the map we have access to, which feels huge in its own right, compared to the larger map we cant access atm and the number of strongholds in close proximity that we cant access, if the ratio remains fairly constant across the entire map, I think longevity will not be a problem, but that's just my two cents.

Message 106 of 418 (203 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@Haruchai01 wrote:

@SERAFIN_POL wrote:

I get that you're passionate about PVP and believe me I am not deriding you but why would millions of players that love PVP come to a PVEcentric game to PVP given the many and varied PVPcentric games available? You make a few wild assumptions about the longevity of the game without having seen the full version, sorry but that's just sophistry imo. Having recently played the VIP demo I can honestly say that imo there is nothing else like this game out there and looking at the slice of the map we have access to, which feels huge in its own right, compared to the larger map we cant access atm and the number of strongholds in close proximity that we cant access, if the ratio remains fairly constant across the entire map, I think longevity will not be a problem, but that's just my two cents.

I don't think that many players are pure-PvP nor -PvE and play both "modes" some more, some less.

Take like, Destiny 2, I like it's PvE content, but without PvP in it, I'd find myself to be bored extremely fast of doing same, repetitive dungeons and events over and over. So having option to do PvP now and then in middle of it all gives nice variety in the mix.

I haven't played any of Anthem yet, planning to download free Demo for upcoming weekend and seeing how it's myself, but even then we won't see what's the endgame like. I read some GameSpot -article about "Anthem: What is the endgame like? Here's everything we know so far", and honestly endgame sounds a bit.. empty (Strongholds/Contracts/replay missions). Thus comes in the terms of longevity in the field, whilst PvP even with couple modes and maps can easily extend it for some.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/anthem-what-is-the-endgame-like-heres-everything-w/1100-6464564/

Message 107 of 418 (191 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

i dont hate pvp but No pvp mode for now. Please let the developers to focus on polishing and tweaking the game, including end game contents. There are so many prioritized things to be worked on than pvp.

perhaps jusr leave the pvp in Anthem 2 or something.  

no pvp please, really.

Message 108 of 418 (188 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@Anzaman wrote:

@Haruchai01 wrote:

@SERAFIN_POL wrote:

I don't think that many players are pure-PvP nor -PvE and play both "modes" some more, some less.

Take like, Destiny 2, I like it's PvE content, but without PvP in it, I'd find myself to be bored extremely fast of doing same, repetitive dungeons and events over and over. So having option to do PvP now and then in middle of it all gives nice variety in the mix.

I haven't played any of Anthem yet, planning to download free Demo for upcoming weekend and seeing how it's myself, but even then we won't see what's the endgame like. I read some GameSpot -article about "Anthem: What is the endgame like? Here's everything we know so far", and honestly endgame sounds a bit.. empty (Strongholds/Contracts/replay missions). Thus comes in the terms of longevity in the field, whilst PvP even with couple modes and maps can easily extend it for some.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/anthem-what-is-the-endgame-like-heres-everything-w/1100-6464564/

TBH, I think its moot to compare Destiny to Anthem at this point given the decline of Destiny, I would also point out that the PVE side of Destiny isn't that big anyway. Having played the VIP demo and myself and my friends spamming the one stronghold constantly, I cant see an issue if the same quality and variety contained in it remains roughly the same over the different strongholds. I too like a bit of PVP once in a while but I would point out that you don't come to a PVE game if you prefer PVP, sure there are people that like a bit of both but you have to recognise that you come to a PVEcentric game mainly for the PVE. TBH I am not against PVP if it has no effect on PVE at all but using Destiny as an example I suppose, the changes they made to PVE to satisfy the PVP'ers had a lot to do with Destiny's decline, in my opinion anyway.

Message 109 of 418 (181 Views)
Twitter Stream