Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Respond Here If You Don't Want PVP To Ruin Anthem

by MEGAF1UX

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
There are plenty of PvP games out there. It's a no from me.
Message 70 of 418 (253 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

I still hope not.

Message 71 of 418 (306 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

There's no reason why they shouldn't incorporate pvp. However, they must be very clear upon release of the pvp that there will be ZERO pvp balancing that affects the PvE game. That was Bungie's mistake. Right from the start they should have said, no, we are never going to balance the game for pvp.

Message 72 of 418 (297 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

I don't think pvp would work in anthem and it could slow down pve content releases.

Message 73 of 418 (295 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@PapaSohan wrote:

There's no reason why they shouldn't incorporate pvp. However, they must be very clear upon release of the pvp that there will be ZERO pvp balancing that affects the PvE game. That was Bungie's mistake. Right from the start they should have said, no, we are never going to balance the game for pvp.

You can't just have an unbalanced mode, and you just explained the problem with having the mode in your post.  Destiny and Division have both had this same issue by trying to do everything and not being able to get either right because they're trying to do too much.  Don't know how many times I sat there frustrated with Division because some weapon got nerf'd trying to balance PVP. 

People act like these studios have an infinite pile of money, man power, and resources.  What you use in one place you can't use somewhere else.  So how much time and money will have to go into building the infrastructure of the PVP mode, and how much more story or expansion gameplay could we have gotten out of that time and money?  Give me the latter.

Every singe game doesn't have to have PVP.  You want co-op PVP Division 2 is marketing the heck out of it and it comes out a month later.  You want the best co-op experience with store and game play focus, Anthem went in that direction.  Then there's always Destiny if neither of those fit and you still can't scratch that PVP co-op itch.  There's something out there to play PVP.  Let's see the vision of the Devs before we start demanding they add more to it.

Message 74 of 418 (284 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

TBH i dont even know how they could implement a PVP mode in this game. The game works differently than Division or Destiny and just thinking about all the types of PVP games i have played in past i really cant think of a PVP mode that would work..

Also Bioware would probably put a WAVE horde mode into the game way before they looked at PVP, cause that is what they generally do with their games..

(edit): Actually i take a little of that back, i can think of one mode that would work and that would be the old TRIBES type game. The Cap Flag base defence type might work and i stress... MIGHT work for it.

Message 75 of 418 (271 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

PVP is a horrid idea, would draw development time and resources away from other concerns, and isn't necessary for the majority of players. Focus on making the PVE part of the game as great as it can be without worrying about satisfying the handful of vocal players who want PVP

Message 76 of 418 (262 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Champion

@oselabum wrote:

55/50000 players don't want PvP in this game. LOL

From my experience with PvP in other games, it’s more like 55/50000 players will **** and moan they want PvP, demand the entire game be redesigned around PvP, will never be satisfied with PvP regardless of how much effort goes into it, and in the meantime will alienate the rest of the playerbase with their toxicity and elitism until all that’s left is just them complaining about how the game is dying and was better at launch. So yea, no.

Also, as far as I can tell, Anthem uses the same peer-to-peer multiplayer model as Mass Effect, where the “servers” are just used for matchmaking and the actual game instance is hosted by one of the players in the party. That in itself would be a major issue for true competitive PvP and would require re-design of the game’s multiplayer architecture to get around.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 77 of 418 (259 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

I don't want PVP,its a waste of DEV time and its not easy to balance,pretty impossible.leave as PVE let the other games be PVP

Message 78 of 418 (251 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Dear god no. No to PVP. Almost every good PVE game gets ruined the second they add PVP. If you want to play PVP play a PVP game, don't try to ruin a PVE game instead.

Message 79 of 418 (251 Views)
Twitter Stream