Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Respond Here If You Don't Want PVP To Ruin Anthem

by Sazabinitengale

Original Post

Megathread - PVP

Community Manager

Hey yo,

Please utilize this thread for PVP related conversation, I'll be merging the other threads here as well so you can continue any ongoing conversations.

Good luck, Freelancers

-EA_Cade
Message 353 of 418 (797 Views)
Highlighted

Respond Here If You Don't Want PVP To Ruin Anthem

★★★ Apprentice

Sound off guys, let's show BioWare that we DON'T want PvP to ruin an otherwise (potentially) great game. I see a few posts about PvP but the overwhelming majority, thankfully, seems to be negative towards PvP. Let's see how big of a voice we can lend to say please no PvP.

Message 1 of 418 (1,937 Views)

Re: Respond Here If You Don't Want PVP To Ruin Anthem

★★★★★ Apprentice
PVP sucks. Keep it PVE. At best it just takes resources away from PVE development and at worst they make the same mistake countless other companies have made and ruin PVE trying to appease PVP players.
Message 2 of 418 (1,932 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I agree that the main focus should be PvE.

But I'm interested in PvP, I'm curious how a division like dark zone would play out in Anthem. Entirely optional and segregated from the main launch map.

Message 3 of 418 (1,920 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I'm on both sides.

On one side I like PvP and PvP brings more endgame content.

On the other side I can't imagine how PvP would work in this game, and it might take away development from the PvE and ruin it's balance.

However PvP balance can be tuned separately from PvE and if they have the resources without taking any away from PvE, sure, go ahead and make PvE. In this case it cannot hurt.
Message 4 of 418 (1,914 Views)

★★ Guide

I will gladly say: "no to PvP in Anthem". Standard smile

Message 5 of 418 (1,909 Views)

★★★ Guide
My 2 cents. No PvP.
Message 6 of 418 (1,902 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Mryellowpinky wrote:

I agree that the main focus should be PvE.

But I'm interested in PvP, I'm curious how a division like dark zone would play out in Anthem. Entirely optional and segregated from the main launch map.

I hated the dark zone in the Division. For the most part I just found it was cancer, though cancer I didn't HAVE to participate in. Some nice weapons were to be had there though, honestly don't remember if some really nice ones were ONLY locked behind dark zone though, locking PvE stuff in PvP is ALWAYS a bad idea. Some higher level dudes would always just wait there for people to come by and use something OP or an exploit and would just take your stuff. I always found it frustrating and never went back.

Message 7 of 418 (1,895 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I don’t see how direct PvP makes sense in this game, thematically or balance-wise.

I could see some “friendly competition” type stuff where different teams would be competing to achieve a goal that doesn’t involve shooting each other; some sort of racing type thing could probably work as well (especially if it’s Mirror’s Edge-style “race against the clock”). If there is a developed market system, there could potentially be “market PvP” as well. But stuff like deathmatch etc – please no.

And definitely do not want open world PvP in freeplay, as some people have suggested. Aside from being frustrating by itself, that type of gameplay attracts the kind of toxic player minority that eventually make the rest of the community not want to deal with that aspect of the game at all. And given that freeplay is one of only two things you can do after finishing the story, it could well kill the game itself as well.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 8 of 418 (1,887 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am down for options, but I'd rather resources go to more Javelins, more Strongholds, more modes like Horde. The game's focus is PVE so I'd rather it stay that way.

Message 9 of 418 (1,877 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help